New

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum and have to say I am impressed with the conversions. Its like making a mini-bass boat, minus about $20,000. I have a v-hull on the way in the next couple of weeks. I am going to probably now strip out the orig seating and do some sort of front deck.

couple questions.

when bracing is attached to the floor of the boat, how do you guys do that without creating holes in the boat where water comes in.

also has anyone ever made a mini-center console mod with a steering wheel in any tin boats?

thats the only questions I have now, but I am sure there will be many to follow.

look forwarding to getting ideas from you guys.

My 14 foot V hull has a mini center console. Doing that is pretty straight forward. Just run the cables straight under the wood floor up to the console. I have had to move my console forward to get it to balance right.

do you have pictures posted anywhere...thats what I would want to do with mine. and what did you build the console out of?

joho5 said:
do you have pictures posted anywhere...thats what I would want to do with mine. and what did you build the console out of?

His mod is here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2720&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I lost a couple of his pics when we converted Hosting companies. #-o

Sorry I just saw this. Here are some new pics. Im always at work changing things.

How did I make the console? First off I have a midsection floor/deck, its low but high enough that the deck provided support for the console. I used 2 peices of aluminum on the sides that were angled, screwed the plywood on top of those. Then I took a 4x1 and atatched that to the plywood and also the end of the rack. I sit on the cooler, which is removable. Its really a simple, unprofessional job that I did. But then again I've spent less than $600 getting this boat to close to finished condition, I dont mind if it looks a little ragged and peiced together. Maybe when I'm done getting it completly functional i'll fiberglass the console in for a professional look.

Actually, regarding the center consoles in general, this should be the preferred method for a console in a small boat. I think it balances much better. One issue I did have was it was porposing badly, but that was fixed when I added the full decks and moved the console up about 2 feet to its current position.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 608
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 623

Latest posts