Pedestal Mount Placement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who pooted?

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm going all alum on support/decking and was wondering how anyone doing the same mounted their pedestal mounts. Did you mount to the decking supports then build deck around? Use rivots to attach or bolts? Bassboy we all know you have something to say ( :LMFAO: )to help the dumb ones! HA HA

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I missed the post. I mounted mine in the middle of my existing mebches. I had to remove the foam from a section in the seat where I wanted the base. Then I covered the bench with carpeted 1/2" plywood. I took a hole saw (was installing a pin type that requires a hole in the middle). and drilled out for the center post. I then fit the base inthe hole and used a permanent marker to dot the holes for the hardware. DO NOT use screws, I feel that would be asking for trouble. My 220lbs puts quite a torque on the pedestel! I drilled out holes for my stainless steel bolts with LARGE stainless washers underneath and lock nuts.

I hope this helps, I would imagine that you would be ok doing this through just the plywood if it were thich enough. I would consider some kind of footers underneath or maybe a pad of double thickened plywood extending out past the base on the underside for additional support. Take your time and do it right the first time, it would be a pain to have to pull it all out and start again!

Add bracing under where the mount will be,add the decking with carpet.Bolt the mounts down to the deck and make sure the bolts run through the braces under the deck.

I haven't mounted my bases yet but while putting in the aluminum bracing I created supports for the base. I am going to mount them with bolts through the deck and supports (like bassboy described) If you look at the picture the supports are the black tubing.

100_1171.jpg

Great help thanks guys. F'Chef what kinda paint you using? What's up with that tube running down the front side of the picture?

The blue tubing is the top rail of the boat. Any paint on the top rail or frame is from a rattlecan with a coat of self etching primer

Thanks for the reply chef! That was such a dumb question about the blue "tubing." I gotta quit drinkin when i get on this site!