Trailer help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INGrandad

Reaction score
Totally new to adapting a trailer, but the one under the old boat Lowe I bought last year is in bad shape.

THe trailer I have has a center roller at the rear and another towards the front. And then 2 short bunks that, when the boat is off it. flap in the breeze. What I'd like to do is to do is away with the rollers and just go with longer bunks that span the 2 cross members of the frame.

The box that is formed by the frame is fairly short, this is a 14' boat. I thought I'd go with longer bunks, maybe 6', and pull the winch post back a foot, maybe two. If I don't pull it back, there's a lot of unsupported boat ahead of the bunks. Suppose I could leave the front roller for some support there. If I do pull back a bit I think I can offset the new bunks enough so that it will support most of the boat. But more of theboat itself will be off the back of the frame.

What I'd really like to see is some photos of your set-ups if anyone has any photos they might post. Thanks

That is a good article, thanks for pointing me there. I hadn't found the articles yet. Don't have a photo of that trailer with the boat off it perchance? I have a sneaking feeling after going over and looking at it today, that my trailer was for a boat about 2' shorter.

INGrandad said:
Don't have a photo of that trailer with the boat off it perchance?
This is the best I've got. Hope it helps.

8200-1.jpg

That's perfect, thank you very much. Wish my trailer were that size, but I'll work with what I have.