boat dolly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larlarsa

Reaction score
Does anyone here use this boat dolly to lunch the boat? Is it easy to move on 14ft aluminum boat with 15 hp?

Attachments

• 41vT26Me4UL._AA260_.jpg
    41vT26Me4UL._AA260_.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 650
i had one i used to move a popup camper but that was on level ground. on a slopping ramp that would be a little tough to get it back out of the water

Wayne

redbug said:
i had one i used to move a popup camper but that was on level ground. on a sloping ramp that would be a little tough to get it back out of the water

Wayne

Exactly my thoughts. Could get a little tough. Are you intending to use the dolly after towing the boat to the lake, etc, or is the boat and trailer already located near the water., ie. in storage?

Those are meant for moving boats around the shop and on flat ground.They would be to dangerous to launch a boat with.If the boat, and trailer, got away from you it could do personal and property damage.This can equal law suite.

It hit me last night at 3am while watching an old worlds strongest man competition show on ESPN classics
they pull a tractor trailer up a hill. He could be fine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne

Curious as to why Larlarsa? Do you tow with a small car? Unimproved lakes?

I've got a 1448 with a 25 horse. Very heavy trailer (homebuilt 2X2 steel with 15 wheel's.) I tow with a little 4 banger ranger pickup (barely LOL). All I do is get the tires wet if I'm launching off a trail. Have a 50 foot rope attached to the bow eyelet and push it off (motor raised if only a few inches deep.) Recovery, I hook the rope back up, pull the boat as close to the trailer as I can, then unwind the winch out to it and winch it back up on the trailer. I've had to disconnect once, placed a rock behind the tire, raised it from the hitch, got the boat started on the trailer then pushed it back down onto the hitch. No little farm or ranch lake I can't get into! When the 50 thousand dollar bass boat's stop, I keep going! :p

my boat is in the lake front,i have two car,one without the trailer hitch,but useally i use this car to work,some time if i can off work early i can go directly without go home to change my car.

larlarsa said:
my boat is in the lake front,i have two car,one without the trailer hitch,but useally i use this car to work,some time if i can off work early i can go directly without go home to change my car.
What i d at my cabin that is on a lake (private ) is i got a set of rollers and a winch I hooked the winch up to a tree and used
landscape spikes to hold the rollers in place and i pull the boat up on the rollers when not in use

that might be something you can do?

Thank's everyone, hope i can find the other way to launch it,Thank again every reply.