Does anyone know the weight capacity of our boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madcatters

Reaction score
We have a 1970 14' Richland shallow V.

The plate with the capacity is basically unreadable.

Can anyone tell me what the weight capacity of this boat might be? I suspect we're overloading it.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

ALSO... If anyone knows if Richland is still in business, and has a web site, please share that. I have been unable to find out much about them.

I was afraid of that...

Since I weight over 300 lbs, the motors, gas, and battery adds another 150, that doesn't leave much room...

don't worry too much about the weight capacity.. mine is rated for I think 470lbs and with me and all my gear it's nearly 700lbs and I don't sink but maybe an inch more in the water

Madcatters said:
ben2go said:
370 pounds.

Where did you find that number? I expected something in the 500-700 range...

I recently looked at a 14' that is the same name.It was roughly 36 inches across the transom.Max compacity on that one was 370lbs.I was shocked,too.That's why I passed it up.It was a fairly thin hull.Flexed a lot just rolling it over.

ben2go said:
Madcatters said:
ben2go said:
370 pounds.

Where did you find that number? I expected something in the 500-700 range...

I recently looked at a 14' that is the same name.It was roughly 36 inches across the transom.Max compacity on that one was 370lbs.I was shocked,too.That's why I passed it up.It was a fairly thin hull.Flexed a lot just rolling it over.

Thank you... This is a bit wider, 42" on the transom, and no flex to it...Maybe different generations of the boat...

I certainly hope the capacity is more than 370...I've had my whole family in there, hate to think I had double the rated capacity in there.

Going to continue to research...