16 ft Chrysler? My first boat mod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucktail30

Reaction score
In over my head. #-o I found this for $500, boat and trailor. Looks like transom needs replaced and some dents pounded out. I'm going to probable use steel flex before priming and painting. There is a large dent in the back of the boat that is possibly a crack. I'll post pics of this later, please give some feedback on how to remedy this. Right now I'm planning on (after painting), pulling middle seat and front cover (not sure what that is called). Then framing casting deck from front seat to front. Basic idea right now, but I'll be looking here for support. This site is awesome! :D

Attachments

• boattop.jpg
    boattop.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 549
  • boatfloor.jpg
    boatfloor.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 549
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 549
:WELCOME:

Nice deal.I wouldn't deck it any higher than the current front deck.I would extend it back to the next bench.V hulls can get tippy if they're decked high.I would leave the bow cover for strength and build it in like a cubby for an anchor and line.It appears to be flat enough to mount a trolling motor on.

Thanks for the info. So from what I'm hearing and seeing from other mods is that removing a seat in a v-hull is not a good idea for stability reasons. Looks like I'll extend the casting deck from middle seat to front like you said ben2go. Thanks again. I'll throw up some pics when I get a chance.

You're welcome.Technically you can remove the center bench,but you will need to brace it extremely well to keep the sides from caving in.Sorry if I confused you.

that is a great find. i am working on a 14 foot v hull and plan to put a casting deck on the front so we are dealing with the same issues. i havent decided if i wanted to run it all the way to the center seat but if i did it would make alot of storage but well see. cant wait to see your progress

Bad news. No longer going to start this project. Guy I planned to buy the boat from did not have clean title and without the title it can't be registered in Wisconsin. Gotta love craigslist! Anyways I am now in the market for a new project. Probably focus on a jon at least 14 ft to bass out. I'll repost with my new find, when I find it (with title of course).

sorry to here about you loss but you will find some thing try craigslist.org people you can find some thing in your price range an they are usally willing to take an offer. dont hurt to try.