Decking a Tsunami

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justfloatin

Reaction score
Good day to all
New to the board and thought I would share a couple of pic's of my new river ride. She is a welded modified 14' with 50" flat bottom which will be sporting a 40 hp jet.

I will be decking the front from the second bench forward and only as high as the bench seat and then just a 13" pedistal topped off with a soft seat.
Other than the deck about the only thing I would like to add is a good anchor launch which could be dropped via a cable and controled by a winch at the back of the boat.

If anyone out there has a great homemade anchor and anchor setup that they would like to share ( river runs 12mph) it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• rear front inside.jpg
    rear front inside.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 606
  • front side2.jpg
    front side2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 606
  • front bottom.jpg
    front bottom.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 606
  • back corner.jpg
    back corner.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 606
The only thing I did find out was (with the help from a member) it was built by a company that was 20 miles from me which is no longer in bussiness. They were only in bussiness for 2 years.

It has a thick bottom which runs half way up the side and then goes to a lighter gauge, I believe it is 1/8. I have been thinking of ways I could weigh the boat alone to get a base line prior to decking it.
Does anyone have a link to some info on a DIY plastic bottom protector.