Homemade rod rack

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohm

Reaction score
Well it is way too hot to do anything on the boat today, 105, so I have been doing other things and one is thinking about how to make a holder for fishing rods while en route instead of just having them bouncing around in the bottom of the boat. I have seem some racks that are sold commercially but think, because I am cheap and like to build things, that I can make one just as well for less. So here is what I cam up with, it well mount to the back of the middle seat and has provisions for 4 rods, one side has a large hole for the but end to pass through and the other has some foam pipe insulation to hold and pad the tip end, I was thinking I could pad the butt end with some felt. I think it well work and well cost next to nothing to make, here is a fancy MS Paint illustration :D
RodRack.jpg

Vertically on the vertical seat support, I figure I can put some rubber behind that to keep them from beating the heck out of the wood and the holes well be spaced as such to ensure the reel from one wont hit the tip of the one below it.