Fall Smallie Trip Highlights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angry Bob

Reaction score
DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

DSCN0966.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

HOly Crap i wish we had smallmouth like that around here! We have some ice ones, but not that big! what was the average weight of those?

dixie_boysles said:
HOly Crap i wish we had smallmouth like that around here! We have some ice ones, but not that big! what was the average weight of those?

We don't weigh them, but all the fish pictured were 18-20". My best fish was just a smidge over 20" which is a new PB but isn't pictured because I had the camera out of the boat to take the pic of the deer, and I forgot to bring it back in the boat #-o On my best day I had a 20", 4-19's 2- 17's and a 17 1/2" Most of them were caught on wacky rigged sekos, and the rest were caught swimmin grubs.

Jealousy is only the beginning of my emotions right now. I think I need to go home and throw away all my fishing gear after seeing these pics!

Here is a list in order of preference as to the fish I like to catch:

1. Smallies
2. Large Mouth
3. Anything else

This year, I've caught 2 smallies, the largest was about 10 inches (which, by the way would be food for your smallest catch)

I think you should officially change your name from Angry Bob to Happy Bob! I know I would if I had a trip like that....and my name isn't even Bob! =D>

What lake were you fishing?

fender66 said:
I think you should officially change your name from Angry Bob to Happy Bob! I know I would if I had a trip like that....and my name isn't even Bob! =D>

What lake were you fishing?

I was kind of thinking the same thing..my thought was Angry Bob looks to be Happy Bob in some of the pics.

Great catches for sure.

Thanks for the comments folks. Yeah it was a good trip. Fishing was tough numbers wise from what we're used to up there in northern WI, but we still caught some quality fish. Just being able to relax and spend the week fishing with my brother was well worth the trip.

Nice fish and nice pictures!

That all I fish for but its been down hill the last few years. I don't know whats going on with the River.

Howard said:
Very nice, I never caught a small mouth. Trade you a trip ---- you come south and I will go north-- :)

Thanks for the offer, but these beauts are about 6 hrs. away from me, and we rent a place up there. But if you ever feel like taking a trip, maybe we can set something up.