'98 Gamefisher 9.9 Composite prop replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norshor

Reaction score
I have a '98 Sears Gamefisher that I picked up a few years ago in mint condition. I really like this little motor, and need to keep under the 10 hp limit for a lot of lakes up north. It worked great on my old, lighter 14' boat once I put a Stingray on there. It really is a strong little motor.

Now that I have a bigger, wider boat with floors, I have lost some ooomph. I still need to adjust the tilt away from the transom, but I really think I am losing a lot of power from the plastic toy prop. Don't get me wrong, the prop has been through some pretty good hits and held up like a champ, but it really isn't cutting it now.

Whenever I buy parts for this thing, I end up on iboats, and go to Force and end up on the Merc fiche. Does anyone have any experience with replacing this prop with a steel or alum prop? I called my local prop shop and they said that they just didn't know. I can get a Quicksilver prop for $78 but have no idea what pitch to run.

Any ideas?

As for what pitch you need, first you need to find out what RPM's you are turning at WOT.

The prop shop said to run a 9 on it, so I was going to start there. I just need to find out what fits it. They also have Quicksilver replacement props on Cabela's, I might just order from there.