plans for a Motor stand

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey John,

It would probably vary a bit based on the size motor. What size do you want it to accomodate?

Here is a link to another site that has a good write-up: https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=266570

I know I've seen a couple here as well, but am having difficulty finding them. One in particular had a place to put small parts on while working on the motor. It is a neat design. Maybe someone else can dig it up for me.

Brine said:
Hey John,

It would probably vary a bit based on the size motor. What size do you want it to accomodate?

Here is a link to another site that has a good write-up: https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=266570

I know I've seen a couple here as well, but am having difficulty finding them. One in particular had a place to put small parts on while working on the motor. It is a neat design. Maybe someone else can dig it up for me.

Brine,
Thanks for the link, it looks really helpfull. Im gonna need it for a 6 hp chrysler. Its a short shaft about 15", and probably weighs somewhere round 50 lbs.

I've seen the thread that Brine is talking about. Not sure why, but I can't find it either. I want to think that Hanr was the Original Poster, but not sure. I'll look some more.

For a 6 horse? Sit grandma down in a chair, and then sneak away with her walker. :lol:

Really though, I have gotten a handful of these stands at the Goodwill stores for about 5 bucks a piece. Some folding, some with wheels, etc.

Attachments

• outboardstand003.jpg
    outboardstand003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,393
I've built the stand Brine provided you a link to. It works really well and will easily handle your motor in it's standard configuration. I modified it to handle a 300 lb. 75 HP Merc and it still did well.

Bassboy1's idea is just and good and a lot cheaper for that size motor.

You have no bad choices here, what more can you ask for? :D :beer:

bassboy1..... =D> =D> =D>

Just when I thought that maybe I have see everything......
A motor stand from a walker..with hardly any work......Classic...

Outdoorsman....

Not to brag, and it doesn't have a parts bin, but this is about as simple as it gets. Got the inspiration from BassBoy1's picture above that I had seen earlier. Its under the "Cheapo Motorstand" thread in the Boathouse forum.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16297

I'm planning to use it for my 25 horse Evinrude when I get the boat into the garage.

Outdoorsman said:

Outdoorsman....
:LOL2:

I've fallen and I cant get up!

Outdoorsman said:

Outdoorsman....

Another thing I like about them, is they are the perfect height and width to straddle the garbage cans I use to run my smaller motors (I have a ~100 gallon stainless steel tank for the larger outboards), so I never even have to unclamp the motor from the stand to test run it.

Bassboy.... :shock:

ROFLMBO...that is too funny, and granny is going to kick your tail if you don't take her fishin'

Pretty sure the one bassboy suggested is supposed to have tennis balls under the front legs [-X