Jack Plate Plans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyBuckster

Reaction score
Does anyone have a plan of measurements to make an aluminum jack plate for a 15" transom on a flat bottom to be able to put a long shaft 9.5 Evinrude on the back of my boat ??

I have seen plans online. You can find the TH Marine Mini Jack Plates for about $75 if you shop around. They are supposed to work really well for that. It may be cheaper than building your own, especially if you are going to use aluminum and have to buy material.

I got my new never used TH Marine mini jack plate on ebay for $48.00 including shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_5583.JPG
    IMG_5583.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 1,387
azslabber said:
Now that is very nice.How much lift does it give you?Seems like I need about 4 inches to make it work out good.
I have a short shaft motor but it's a long short shaft. You drill out dimples on each side of the jack plate to set the height of the plate so there is a lot of adjustability.

azslabber,

Here's a couple pics of the transom riser I had built for my 16' Lund. It has a 15" transom and the Suzuki motor has about a 21" shaft. I ended up designing the riser to lift the motor 6" and it works great. The boat rides much smoother, the engine is at the right height, and the performance is much better out of the hole. If you want my plans that I drew up, PM and I will send them to you. They are in a word document.

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg