Tiller Handle Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyckr

Reaction score
My 1985 Suzuki 9.9 does not have it's original tiller handle, as you can see below. The previous owner was using a.......??????, with a lawn mower throttle attached to it. LOL. The motor runs great, but his set-up is atrocious. I've been looking all over for a replacement tiller that would fit my year/model, and the only thing I can find, is replacement parts, and not the whole set-up itself. To purchase the main components, by piece, is over $250!! Well more than what I paid for the motor, or want to put into it. However, I have found other handles made by different manufacturers. Is it possible to mount a handle made by a different manufacturer to my motor? If not, does anyone know an inexpensive alternative to the current set-up I'm working with? Thanks in advance to all who give feedback.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    998 KB · Views: 495
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 495
I'm not aware of any other brand of motor that would have parts compatible to yours.
Your better off using your motor as is until you happen to stumble onto the parts for cheap or you find another outboard.
I suggest you camo the entire motor and make everything blend together.
Are you sure its a 1985? I had a 1985 30hp Suzuki and it was painted silver with blue lettering. Isn't your outboard a Suzuki Spirit? If so I thought those were late 70's to early 80's models.

According to the I.D. plate, it's an '85. I also have the manual for it. I'm not interested in a camo paint job. Thanks for the input.