seafoam?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikeordie092

Reaction score
ok, so i got this "new" motor and i want to run some seafoam thru it to clean everything out, even though the carb is cleaned and rebuilt.. just wondering how much i should put in compared to a tank of gas? i have a 6 gal tank.. pour in about half? whole bottle? i know this stuff has a lower octane than gasoline.. i dont wana mess anything up..

Does anyone ever use seafoam on a regular basis? I put some in at the end of last season, but I have a small motor and my gas lasts a long time (a tank might last a month or more). Should I put it in every tank?

CodyPomeroy said:
Does anyone ever use seafoam on a regular basis? I put some in at the end of last season, but I have a small motor and my gas lasts a long time (a tank might last a month or more). Should I put it in every tank?

That'd be pretty expensive. I put marine formula stabil in with every fill up, but I only use seas foam once a year.

And to the OP, I'd jump the whole can in with a full 6 gallons. I always try to keep my fuel additives pretty concentrated if I'm using them for cleaning. Same with lucas in my truck. It treats up to 20 gallons, but I try to have under 5 gallons in the tank when I use it.

Honestly, ill probably only put 3-4 gallons of gas in the tank at a time, so ill probably only use about half of it... I normally don't fill the tank all the way up... do u guys think it would be safe to use a higher grade of gas with the seafoam? Id prolly use 93 octane..

Be carful if you pour the whole can into the 6gals. Yes, it'll break free all the built-up gunk, but that gunk has to go somewhere. I just did that a couple of weeks ago, and it made it worse. Some gunk ended up clogging up my carbs about 2 mins into the run. Made for a not so good day on the water.

well really, the whole can in 6 gal of gas barely beats what that website says to put in, a bottle is 16 oz and the site says 2oz/gal, so... ur only putting in 4oz extra, which in turn is only 2/3 of an ounce more per gallon... idk tho like i said im not wanting to mess anything up, but ill still probably run the engine in a barrel at the house with the seafoam in it.. then run regular gas on the lake

bikeordie092 said:
but ill still probably run the engine in a barrel at the house with the seafoam in it.. then run regular gas on the lake

All the stuff your engine kicks out from the treatment is gonna go back up through the coolant system. I'd treat it heavy and run it on the lake.

Ictalurus said:
bikeordie092 said:
but ill still probably run the engine in a barrel at the house with the seafoam in it.. then run regular gas on the lake

All the stuff your engine kicks out from the treatment is gonna go back up through the coolant system. I'd treat it heavy and run it on the lake.

thats a very good point, lol i dont guess i thought that one thru..

2 oz. per gal. all the time. Stabilizes, dries, and cleans all season. A little under a can per season for me. I get an extra can a year when I see it on sale. For a deep clean, I fog it right into the airbox while running in a barrel or on muffs.

Its prettty cool to find out just how everybody uses this stuff... seems like almost everybody has a different way of using it. But the neat part is that u may get a great working idea from any of these