Chinese 2hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dice1

Reaction score
I bought a Chinese 2hp motor still waiting to get it on the water because I bought one and had to swap it out for another because when I had it out it made a small whine from the lower end and saw some greas leaking out. Hoping this one works better. but for $250 I wont complain. I did see some vids on youtube that had small engines like it and u could here a small whine like I heard. do they make that kind of noise im not sure. Any advice would help please.

You could give us a few more details, such as make and model. Although my first thought on advice is to go buy a old used johnson motor, the small ones last darn near forever.
Tim

Its a no name thing off ebay. made a small vid from the first one i got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6azEKtDWxY&feature=plcp

Honestly it looks like a throw-away disposable outboard. My guess is its designed to last for a season or two before you scrap it. Might be good for a canoe or something if you use it once or twice a year, you could get 5 years out of it--maybe. Much better option is just buying an old evinrude/johnson 3hp motor. As long as its not ceased and has decent pressure in the cylinder(s), you can usually get them running strong for less then $100 in parts.

IMO, that china motor just looks like a headache waiting to happen. Ya never know though, they made a nice 42" flat screen TV I have in my bedroom for $320... odds are it was made by the same company! :LOL2:

I have an old 1.5hp evinrude mate that I have been tryin to get goin but to no luck. Im goin to drop it off this afternoon to a boat shop see what they can do. Got a lot of new parts for it but not the time.

Dice1 said:
I have an old 1.5hp evinrude mate that I have been tryin to get goin but to no luck. Im goin to drop it off this afternoon to a boat shop see what they can do. Got a lot of new parts for it but not the time.

Coils fail most often on the old Evinrudes, I would check that first. You should also replace the impeller and clean the carb & reseal it, Make sure your spark plug is new and correctly gaped, and it should go as long as you have good gas and decent pressure in the cylinder.