65 9.5 evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjames

Reaction score
So this motor was my grandpas and growing up it seemed to me like it ran no matter what after being in storage for 8 years or so not properly stored a cousin took it home to get it running for dad ( the cousin is a marine mechanic in Osage beach) two years later we get it back and we really don't know what all he did to but it runs and spits water out we never had it the water for proboly four more years all this time I would hook up the ear muffs once in a while and start it. This year I have had it out more than a hand full of times and seams to just not rap out or want to idle I found some gunk in the fuel screen and running 93 octane supposedly without any ethanol in it. I changed the plugs last fall but I just went to orielys and they cross referenced them and after reading other post I wonder if the plugs are not burning hot enough, sorry for the book but there is the background

Dose it seem like it is bogging down? Take the cowling off and run it. I have picked up a few of these over the last year to tinker with and have two running great until I put the cowling on. After some reading/searching I have found that it is common on the 9.5's for the exhaust gaskets to start breaking down and allow exhaust to build up enough to bog the motor.

I will try that cause yes it's bogging down and rapping up thanks for the info easy diagnose to

What about the spark plugs, I have been trying to dig up that post but can't find it. And is correct gas mixture 50:1 or 24:1?

Latest posts