Evinrude 9.5 Speed Check

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coached

Reaction score
I have been working on my boat "set up" to maximize its speed. With my two sons, TM and battery, tackle box and poles, we were able to get to 14.3 MPH. Is this about average speed or do I need to keep tinkering. Thanx for your help. Coach Ed

Thanks Krawler, its the first time we checked it with GPS. It was also the first time the boat got up on plane. Im going to roll as is. Been looking at a little more hp. How do you like your Honda?

If you are getting on plane with 3 people plus gear on any size boat, that is impressive for that motor. I would say you are there

It was just plowing thru the water. The boat is a 1448 Lonestar. We moved the TM and battery up front and the 3 gal gas tank in the middle along with the tackle. Raised the motor about an inch and got a used prop off of ebay because the old one was slipping. Carb rebuild and tuning and its really running well. I just wondered if the speed check was about what others were getting + or -. I wanted to give this motor a chance before I started looking for something bigger to get the boat around the lake. I had so much fun working on this rig with my two sons that Im thinking about doing another one. Maybe just a motor project. Coach