1973-74 Mercury 9.8 hp 110 series

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebs793

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need to know if any one knows where I might possibly get a new thunderbolt ignition assembly for my 1973-74 Mercury 9.8 hp 110 series. The wires that run down from the area of the magneto or armature assembly have all lost their insulation I guess due to the age. I did not realize the miniscule amount of parts available for this model, I guess that is why I got it for the price I did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ebs793 said:
Hello all,

I need to know if any one knows where I might possibly get a new thunderbolt ignition assembly for my 1973-74 Mercury 9.8 hp 110 series. The wires that run down from the area of the magneto or armature assembly have all lost their insulation I guess due to the age. I did not realize the miniscule amount of parts available for this model, I guess that is why I got it for the price I did. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anybody can help you, it will be John McIntosh. You can find him at:
https://www.johnsmcintoshvintagemercuryoutboard.com/

He's a master on Merc's and a really nice guy. He's in Wisconsin. Tell him Texas sent ya! :)