how much gas..... '94 Johnson 25hp 1470 Landau jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
Hey guys, best guess..... I have a '94 Johnson 25hp on my 14 footer. I'm getting close to being finished with the build but I currently only have a 3 gal gas tank. Wondering your best guess on how long 3 gal will go on a day (~8hr) of mixed usage, wot, cruising etc...I know load and water conditions can greatly alter how much is used but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.

I can always bring extra gas but I'm trying to avoid spending another $75 if not needed!

IMHO a 25 needs a 6gal tank. You never know when the fish aren't biting and ya might wanna go joy riding. First off you don't want to pour fuel from a can into a tank in a boat, too much potential for spillage ( fire hazard ) :shock: The only time I use my 3 gal is when i'm running the 8 or the 6 hp or using it as a reserve tank in the bigger boat and wanna play :LOL2:

There is a guesstimate formula in which you take the total HP and divide by 10. The result is the approximate gallons burned per hour at WOT.

25hp/10 ~ 2.5g/h @WOT

Ooooo... OK, lol, I'm going out in the salt a bit I may need to have the 3 and pick up a 6! Thanks guys!

I have a 6 gallon for my 30 hp Johnson. I can run out of fuel during a day on the lake if I'm not paying attention.

Latest posts