motor wotor come down HELP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frydaddy

Reaction score
I lift up on it release the latch and nothing it stays up. it is a 2014 merc tillier all manuel. should I try bleeding that piston and if so is it that bolt or that allen wrench hole right above the nut? or should I just wait for Tuesday and pull into a shop and tell them im a dumb a and have them show me how to get it down?

okay I guess it was such a dumb question nobody wanted to reply. BUT if anybody does read this that is wondering how it turned out, it was just that the boat was on an incline side to side. when I put it on level ground it came down no problem. I guess the piston was in a bind

Even though no one could help you. it was great for you to come back with the answer.

It might be a year, or five years, but someone is going to search the internet and find your answer. Thank You

richg99

Not a dumb question at all. A lot of us here don't have PTT or tilt assist so that
sort of limits the members that can provide a plausible explanation.
Plus, a person would have had to experience your issue beforehand.
The last PTT I had was on a 1979 Johnson 115hp on a 20' fiberglass tri-hull.
I had it for about 5 years and never had any issues with it.

I am looking now for a nice used PTT for my 50hp.
Sometimes where I park my boat, there is a tilt to the land.
So if it ever binds like you described, I would first take it to
level ground before doing anything stupid like taking it apart first.

X2 - Thanks for your fixit reply

I had the same problem before - I actually could not lift the motor as it felt stuck. Come to find out you have to have the throttle in forward before you could lift it up haha. I was at the dock looking like a goof ball.

Latest posts