15 hp Evinrude-1982 waterjacket

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytebyte

Reaction score
New question on my other 15 Evinrude. this one is a 1982. I got it running and all was good but I noticed a trickle of water coming out of the waterjacket cover (the one with the thermostat in it). Ordered a new gasket but cant find anything online about weather or not to use a gasket sealer on it or the torque of the bolts. Looking at the old gasket and cover it doesn't look as if there was any sealer on it so I am guessing it doesn't need it but then little 1/4 inch bolts into the aluminum head makes me think I probably should check to see if anyone out there has the service manual and could tell me the proper torque? Thanks for any help! Jim

I cant find anything on the exact and no idea what grade bolts they are. When I took them off they didn't seem all that tight so I will probably just try and snug them up all about the same. I am thinking maybe 6 to 10 # of torque. Hoping all goes well because it seems the cover for the water jacket is no longer available. Thanks