Evinrude 1970 25Hp Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEANALIKA

Reaction score
Hi All,

Question over my new power source for "Das Grant". The Evinrude 1970 25Hp Motor looks to be in tip top shape but I was curious if anyone has any input on the year and motor it self. Meaning are these decent quality and known to be good. Or if they are a wast of metal and I now have a new boat anchor. I have the user manual on order and just want to see the consumer response over the quality of the engine. The model number is 25002C if anyone may ask. Once again great condition and looks almost brand new, just more curious on the consumer review on this make and year of engine.

Cheers!

Alika

I had a '79 Johnson 25hp for 5 years and it ran great.
as long as everything is maintained correctly, the OMC motors are great.
just stay on top of maintenance when needed.
get you a shop repair and parts manual off of ebay for that motor and you will be good to go.

I have a 73' 25hp and I love it great motor for $300 that guy didn't know what he had. Mine has the points style ignition most people are afraid of. I wish they still made the points style ignition they are so simple to adj and troubleshoot. I adj points and it ran great. It is the electric start model too.
9aacb77e97f691001302e6aa859dc002.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a 1971 25102S that runs great but as was stated keep up on the maintenance and run fresh gas. I run mine usually at least 1 time a week in the tank and it starts right up. If I leave it sit for more than a week with out running it its hard to start. Easy engines to work on.

Latest posts