2 cycle oil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redmond

Reaction score
Opened a bottle of Kimpex 2 cycle out board motor oil,,,been sitting in the shed for a bit n never used that brand before,,its black in colour?its a first for me usually that kinda oil is blue or red or other light shades hoping I had not put some old oil in that bottle,talked to a few friends and some of them oils are black but none had ever used Kimpex before,,,wondering if I screwed up or what

Never used Kimpex but I have used some 2 cycle oils (universal type for all 2 cycle engines it said) and it was black in color.
Guy who had a 2 cycle motorcycle gave it to me, it worked ok for me.
Tim

earl60446 said:
Never used Kimpex but I have used some 2 cycle oils (universal type for all 2 cycle engines it said) and it was black in color.
Me too ... forget the brand (Exxon or Texaco?) but purchased it at an on-the-water fuel dock in Annapolis, MD in 2015. Blackest TC-W3 oil I've ever seen!

Look, it's dino oil ... so it's already a million years old :wink: , so if sealed, unused and properly labeled as TC-W3 oil ... then I'd use it too!

Even in my neck of the woods, where every other vehicle is towing a boat, it's surprisingly difficult to get real TC-W3 Marine oil...You can buy 2 stroke oil for air-cooled equipment everywhere...My nearest Menard's only carries it in one brand in gallons while they have shelves of automotive and air-cooled 2 stroke oil...