New here, New boat.. Need to add Tilt/Trim to 25hp Merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveeagle

Reaction score
I am trying to decide if I am keeping my boat, or just selling to get one that already is equipped with Remote & tilt/trim.. *I didn't realize how many shallow spots "my" local river had, and need to figure out how to stay off the bottom.

The 'missing link' to keep my boat is finding the factor tilt/trim that will fit my motor (25hp merc). and.. at a price that does not make it cost prohibitive.

So,, Anyone have (or know of) the following parts I can get.. new or used/working

Trim Kit 850700A08 or 850700A 6 (older version)

Also thinking of converting to remote steer... Other parts are available new from several sources, but would be happy to find used if anyone has all the parts they want to sell.
826633A 1 Remote conversion attaching kit
41323A 02 Steering link
881170A 3 Sidemount control box

If you're fishing by yourself, it's tough to beat the weight distribution of stick steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the facts, but I know adding T&T can be expensive.

Another option is a CMC Tilt and Trim unit, but even they can be in the $600.00 range. There are other manufacturers of similar devices, but they are equally expensive. Some guys on here have had issues with the CMC brand.

It might be best to keep your boat, but sell your present engine and buy one with T&T and remote, if that is what you want.

richg99

Thanks for the thoughts.. I might be able to live with the tiller-steer.. but really need to do something about shallow clearance.

My motor is a '2002 mercury 25hp 2-stroke/electric start with very low hours. Since purchase, I have had to have work done including a carb rebuild and replacing filter and power pack. Now its running great, so I am hesitant to switch over to another motor, although a friend has a 25hp tohatsu 4-cycle efi that is awesome and has the T/T already. If I found a good deal on that motor, I might jump on it.

I have looked at the CMC Tilt units as well as the Atlas jack-plate. I have not ruled that out, but both options seem like an $800 purchase, and I think the Atlas would require another $120 adapter plate for my motor (not 100% sure)..

So for a $1,000 add on.... I thought I would spend at least a little time searching for the factory tilt parts that SHOULD bolt right on and get me what I need.

The factor "add on" kit seems to have a list price of $900 and is not stocked in most places I have looked. I would be happy to pay 50% of that for a working used setup..

...I could list my motor for sale and start saving up for the motor I really need.

caveeagle said:
Thanks for the thoughts.. I might be able to live with the tiller-steer.. but really need to do something about shallow clearance.

My motor is a '2002 mercury 25hp 2-stroke/electric start with very low hours. Since purchase, I have had to have work done including a carb rebuild and replacing filter and power pack. Now its running great, so I am hesitant to switch over to another motor, although a friend has a 25hp tohatsu 4-cycle efi that is awesome and has the T/T already. If I found a good deal on that motor, I might jump on it.

I have looked at the CMC Tilt units as well as the Atlas jack-plate. I have not ruled that out, but both options seem like an $800 purchase, and I think the Atlas would require another $120 adapter plate for my motor (not 100% sure)..

So for a $1,000 add on.... I thought I would spend at least a little time searching for the factory tilt parts that SHOULD bolt right on and get me what I need.

The factor "add on" kit seems to have a list price of $900 and is not stocked in most places I have looked. I would be happy to pay 50% of that for a working used setup..

...I could list my motor for sale and start saving up for the motor I really need.
$550 is a long way from $800. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CMC-PT-35-Tilt-and-Trim-Plate-New-in-Box-/302313192384?epid=1923774490&hash=item4663453bc0:m:mdJ5g9o1maNodPD50hcDYUg&vxp=mtr