30hp suzuki opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water bouy

Reaction score
Suzuki is making a white 4 stroke 30 hp tiller that has my ears perked up. It weighs 163 lbs with tilt trim and onlineoutboards price isn't bad compared to some other motors. Wonder if it's noticeably quieter than a 2 stroke and how fast it might push a 16 ft tin vee with one person and the usual goodies. Their website says 25 mph on a carolina skiff which probably seems faster on the water than it sounds. Mine is rated for a 40 but that's a big jump in weight.

Attachments

• df30a_white_image-resized_1cfc173c-a8a8-4820-b7d0-e3caf5a8605f_800x.png
    df30a_white_image-resized_1cfc173c-a8a8-4820-b7d0-e3caf5a8605f_800x.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,197
You'll likely see right around 30mph, but you might have to mess with prop changes. Suzuki puts generic one-size-fits-all props on their smaller motors, and from what I gather, they're usually underproppped, iow, run too many RPM.

Quiet? If you've never run any 4 stroke, you're in for a BIG surprise! Normally people who switch generally say that the first thing they notice is that there is no smoke and that you can hear the pee water hitting the lake, and not much else. There is a lot of truth to both.

Oh man if it went that fast I'd be super happy but my boat will probably weigh as much as an old Bass Tracker by the time I get done with it. It does have 3 cylinders tho.

I don't have any info on the 30HP but I have the DF25A on a alumaweld 1546 aluminum jon boat. It is super quiet and smooth. I'm getting 24-25 MPH out of it with 4 people and a 50 quart cooler completely full.
The more I run this thing the more I like it.

I really like this motor! I'm really glad that I chose this one over the others that I was looking at.
The only negative I can say about it is prop chatter was really bad when I put a stainless steel prop on it.
I returned the ss prop and just put the factory aluminum back on it. i'm plenty pleased with speed and it sips gas.

water bouy said:
Suzuki is making a white 4 stroke 30 hp tiller that has my ears perked up. It weighs 163 lbs with tilt trim and onlineoutboards price isn't bad compared to some other motors. Wonder if it's noticeably quieter than a 2 stroke and how fast it might push a 16 ft tin vee with one person and the usual goodies. Their website says 25 mph on a carolina skiff which probably seems faster on the water than it sounds. Mine is rated for a 40 but that's a big jump in weight.

I think you will be pleased with the performance. I have the 2018 model in black.

I emailed the guy about the prop causing high rpm and this is what he wrote back:

"It's hard to determine without running the outboard. There is an internal rev-limiter to protect the engine. If you find that you are reaching it, or so close that sometimes it enables, you should consider going up in pitch on your prop. If you don't ever reach the rev limiter, you are fine with the factory installed prop."

Latest posts