New Humminbird Product Launch Tomrrow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BaitCaster said:
Humminbird is launching a new product tomorrow at 2:30 pm CST. Rumour is that it will be 360 degree imaging.

360 degree? So they going to show whats above the water line too? Supposed it shows birds flying over for waterfowl hunting, while out fishing. LOL

great. sports and outdoors show next weekend,and i have money to spend.either a new trolling motor or now maybe a new fishfinder :lol:

wihil said:
I was sooooooooo close to getting a Lowrance on the rebate offer they had.

Glad I waited - bring on the new stuff!

lowrance customer service is HORRIBLE!! so a couple buddys tell me. im a humminbird man and have never had any problems with their products since 1984 when the first lcr's came out. i do know a few guys that had trouble with interference from their trolling motors and all said hummingbird sent them a kit free of charge that fixed the problem. SIMPLY,CLEARLY,BETTER!!!!

shawnfish said:
wihil said:
I was sooooooooo close to getting a Lowrance on the rebate offer they had.

Glad I waited - bring on the new stuff!

lowrance customer service is HORRIBLE!! so a couple buddys tell me. im a humminbird man and have never had any problems with their products since 1984 when the first lcr's came out. i do know a few guys that had trouble with interference from their trolling motors and all said hummingbird sent them a kit free of charge that fixed the problem. SIMPLY,CLEARLY,BETTER!!!!

I don't know about how terrible Lowrance's service is - I've never had to use it, personally. Neither have most of my friends with their HDS series, or my friends with the Elite series. They all seem to work just fine.

Both seem to have their fans, but I've noticed the Humminbird fans seem to be a little more vocal about their opinions.

Cabelas has the ADD ON transducer that will give you 360 degree imaging on there website already, but it says it won't be for sale until later in the year. The price tag on there site is $2000! You also must already have an SI unit to hook the new transducer to. Somebody with an 1198 is going to be looking at dropping $4500 on a setup to get 360 degree imaging. That's insane!

https://www.cabelas.com/sonar-and-sonar-gps-combos-humminbird-360-imaging-1.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleBaseUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=1345278&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=DB4B183B-BF5D-E111-88CA-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Yea, definetly geared toward tx fishermen and other specialities with the 2K price tag. It is probably too large for most of the tinnies here. You will need a more recent ethernet capable SI unit. The 1197 will not work with this, unless HB finds a work around. Cool stuff, but will have to wait for the economy version.

I have always had lowrance units and can say that i have had to deal with the customer service dept
I have had to return 3 units over the years and have never had anything but great service from them
I had my replacement units back within 2 weeks that isn't that bad in my opinion
the new bird does look good but wow you can afford that not me lol

redbug said:
I have always had lowrance units and can say that i have had to deal with the customer service dept
I have had to return 3 units over the years and have never had anything but great service from them
I had my replacement units back within 2 weeks that isn't that bad in my opinion
the new bird does look good but wow you can afford that not me lol

I think the last couple of years, Lowrance has come back with their service. They had allot of issues with 520 series and the first hds's that came out of the chute. That combined with a new owner, and the well publicized exedus of Linda Colt, who to many, was Lowrance Customer Service. They lost allot of Lowrance faithful owners in that timeframe. They were slow to adopt SI as well. All companies go through bumps in the road.

In this case, the topic is new tech from HB. They did pre-announce quite away in front of when they think they will be available. I am wondering if Lowrance has something cool in the wings?

BTW, I am long time HB owner, and never had to send a unit in for service. But, I do like the competition between them that will continue drive new improvements.