Fishing the Gasconade.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S&MFISH

Reaction score
Took my brother Mike to the Gasconade River last Sunday. We put in at Held's Island access and ran upstream about 2-3mi. River was low,but nothing extreme. We were able to fish for about 2hrs or so before the sun got to him(he has major health issues) and cut our day short. We managed to boat 4,while Mike lost 2 really nice ones before getting them to the boat. He had his brush hog rigged wrong(he's a catfisher),and couldn't get a good hookset. Here's the pics.
113_0789.JPG113_0782.JPG
113_0790.JPG113_0792.JPG

Everything so light colored down there,like fishing in a clear pond up here.
Nice catching.

Captain Ahab said:
how do you rig a brush hog wrong, LOL?

Don't laugh too hard,you might hurt yourself. Not everyone is as wise as you and I. He fishes for cats mostly,doesn't have much bass knowledge. He had the hook buried in the body of the hog,therefore unable to get a good hookset. After losing the second one,and only bringing in half of the hog,I saw what the problem was and set him on the right track.

Went out Labor Day. Took my sis and bro-in law to survey the river where they are buying a place. In for the weekend from San Diego. Fishing was slow,I caught a couple of small bass and a nice Sauger. Carol caught a few small bass and a nice 14in SMB.Sorry no pic,she used her camera and forgot to pic with mine. Poor Ron got the skunk. All in all,we had an enjoyable day.

113_0811.JPG

Nice Reports =D>

The river looks like it offers a nice mixed bag of black bass opportunities for you.

Haven't fished the Gasconade for years. Wanted to go up there but with the water levels so low and it being so darn hot I just put it off, hopefully this fall I can get up there. Used to fish from the park in Gasconade caught mostly Drum & cat