New Outboard Jet Boat Owner

SmallJaws

Post by SmallJaws »

I have a Lund 1860 Predator, what is really a Lowe Roughneck 1860 ModV side council with Sponsoms. I have added a plate and put a 80 Merc Jet on it. I have been searching and reading about trim and splash plates.

Do users typically run with motor trimmed all the way down?
My motor trimmed down has the front of the foot maybe 1/2" below the lowest point of the ModV transom. If I trim all the way down it brings water into the transom. What options are there for a modV splash plate.

Trimmed down boat runs pretty well no porpoise and runs about 31mph with me and my wife. Trim up just a little water over back goes away and gain about 1mph.

Thanks,
JimmyImage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JL8Jeff

Post by JL8Jeff »

I just run where it feels the best and you can gauge it by the splash back. I run trimmed all the way down and I have transom wedges to help it trim in a little more to get rid of porpoising. When I have people in the boat, I do have to trim it up a little or it will plow. You can add a splash shield to the back of the boat (I have a jet tunnel so it would need to go on the tunnel) if you want to run at the position it splashes at but it's a good indicator to adjust your trim to get rid of it.
2001 Lowe Roughneck 1652 VT with Merc 60/45 jet 2 stroke

Striper57

Post by Striper57 »

SmallJaws wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 16:14 Do users typically run with motor trimmed all the way down?
My motor trimmed down has the front of the foot maybe 1/2" below the lowest point of the ModV transom. If I trim all the way down it brings water into the transom. What options are there for a modV splash plate.
Can you post a picture of your jet foot in relation to the bottom of your boat?