Begginier questions For Bow Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHILLWILLATX

Reaction score
Ok , so I just bought a 14 ft mod V jon boat 38" on the bottom - 48" on the top. Wider sides for ok stability. Decked the front for bass fishing and almost got the project done. I imagine it will be ok for sticking a few. It's all I got for now , so I guess it will have to work. I just wanted to hear any thoughts on how I could set up the rig for best bow fishing possible.

What are you thoughts on bow fishing out of this boat.

I have been bow fishing once before and thats all it took. I am hooked.

Keep in mind these are photos before I bought the boat and the fix up- The deck remains the same designe.

Attachments

• B12.JPG
    B12.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,372
  • B7.JPG
    B7.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,372
I'm using 150 watt High Pressure sodium fixtures.
https://www.e-conolight.com/floods/small/small-hid/e-hc1h151z.html

They have 1/2" NPT on the bottom. What we did was bolt down some closet flanges to the deck, then used a short nipple to raise them above the rail. We ran the power cables through a 1/2" tee into the light fixture, so the cable comes out the side of the tee.

This way we can remove them and have just the flange on the deck. Doesn't get in the way too much, but then again all we do out of my boat is bowfish.

If you're going to use halogen work lights, I'd be looking for a generator with 3000+ watts Peak. You figure those shop lights are 500 watts, you don't want to be running the generator at max load all the time.

In the picture I attached you can see the flange set up on the two closest fixtures. The set up with the shop lights was temporary and not the best. I just got the two other HPS lamps last night and am soldering them up today.

Attachments

• IMG00173-20100428-2025.jpg
    IMG00173-20100428-2025.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,352