My new smoker Toy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I love this stuff! :LOL2:

I spent $40 bucks and I got this cool smoker thermometer (Maverick ET-73) with 2 probes . One probe monitors the temp inside the smoker and one probe monitors the temp of the item your cooking remotely up to 100 feet away. I guess you can set low and highs on both. So for example I want it to send an alarm if the smoker goes below 200 and above 275. I also want it to alert me when let's say a pork butt reaches a certain temp like 165. How cool is that? \:D/

I have read that the range really is not 100 feet but for me it will max be 30 feet anyway.

maverick+et73.jpg

I will let you know how it works out after the first smoke in a couple of weeks.

no we did not. We had a couple of cheap ones that we used to measure the heat in the chamber. the biggest issue that I had was that it kept telling me that the the meat temp was the same as the smoker temp and constantly alarming> good luck though!

Good God Jim !!! Get up off your lazy butt and check the temps every so often !!!!!!!

Do you want to get FAT !!!!!! :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

DocWatson said:
Good God Jim !!! Get up off your lazy butt and check the temps every so often !!!!!!!

Same thing my wife said! :LOL2:

She said "why do you want one of those?" Your always standing in front of it anyway...................

I'm just a little bit of a techie, and for $40 it seems too good to be true. :mrgreen:

Jim said:
DocWatson said:

Same thing my wife said! :LOL2:

She said "why do you want one of those?" Your always standing in front of it anyway...................

I'm just a little bit of a techie, and for $40 it seems too good to be true. :mrgreen:
Famous last words. :wink: :LOL2: