Kindle/Nook?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Thinking about getting my wife an ereader for Christmas. Choice is between the WiFi Kindle or Nook. Not even considering the ipad so we won't be talking about that one. Does anyone have any side by side user insight between the two? Or overall comments about either one?

That's what my wife wants for Christmas as well.

I know nothing about them other than what little research I've done on the net. The Sony reader looks decent as well.

I will most likely opt for one of the 3g/WiFi Kindles. We don't have WiFi at the house (at least yet) so the wife would have to drive to town or carry it to work to jump on someone's connection and download a book with the straight WiFi.

The Nook would be good if your local library has epub support or several of her friends have Nooks as well so that they can share books. Our library unfortunately doesn't appear to and I have no idea what sort of readers her friends have. The Kindle seems to have a longer battery life, which is good if your wife is like mine and not high on upkeep or maintenance of gizmos.

My fiance has the Nook and it is AWESOME!! i have used it, so easy to use. She has the one that has the E-ink. (not the newly released full touchscreen ones). IT has a small touchscreen at the bottom that works really well. I have used it and read numerous books on it and love it. Do get the 3G plus Wifi one, worth the money IMO. Also with the Nook, the books you have bought can be read online if you get a Nook app for your computer (free), your smartphone (free). The way it works is it links with your barnes and noble account. awesome stuff.

I recommend staying away from the sony ones and stuff. heard it can be difficult to get books and you have to hook it up via USB, so it sucks. I like the Nook because it is a product of an actual book store and you know they will have what you are looking for. Also Barnes and Noble has the "lend me" option that allows you to lend a book to a friend for two weeks.

Read on my good man:

https://reviews.cnet.com/2722-3508_7-537.html

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gadgets/kindle-vs-nook-an-e-reader-face-off/
\
And there is even a web site devoted to just this question (go figure, huh)

https://www.kindlevsnook.net/

Those sites really need to update their info.

I was leaning Kindle but now that I've read some more about them, the epub and sharing features of the Nook could really come in handy. She spoke with the library in the town where we both work and they have the epub books available. They both seem to be comparible in price now as well.

Popeye said:
I ordered the Kindle. My wife won't share any books because she'll be the first one of her friends to have an ereader.

HA

I suggest you not not worry too much Popeye, the selection of picture books is limited anyway so you would not have that much on there to look at. . . . . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Popeye said:
I only look at those picture books for the articles.

reading-for-dummies-cartoon1.jpg

Latest posts