DSL vrs ZOOM 500

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
I have DSL right now but come Monday I will have the cable internet ZOOM 500 and I was wonder if anyone has any input about one vrs the other. The DSL I have is about 10X faster than dial up and the ZOOM 500 is 80x faster than dial up, so they say. Im getting the cable for about the same price as DSL and something sounds fishy so I was wondering how everyone else likes the ZOOM 500! Any input would be appriciated! I just hope I made the right decision and wont be disappointed in the cable internet>

I am not sure about the Zoom part, but in general, cable is faster than DSL. It also depends on the DSL speed you had, they generally start around 384, then go to 768, 1.5, 2, 2l5, etc.

Cable is a little faster, generally 1.5 and on up, way up. I currently average 5. The thing with cable is saturation, as the cable network gets more use, the overall available speed is reduced. It's not a terrible issue, mostly only during peak times, and generally never slower than the DSL you had to start with.