Hp for 14ft Jon

Have a question about your motor? All motor talk and questions go here.
RaisedByWolves

Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by RaisedByWolves »

wmk0002 wrote: 31 May 2022, 15:17 Amazon has universal lanyards. They have the connector to fit every model and you can remove what you dont need. Also a good idea to get a spare one while you are at it.

For my tiller motors, I have a Velcro wrist strap made for PWCs that attaches to the lanyard, again available on Amazon. I much prefer it over having to clip it to a life jacket. Put it on your steering hand and it stays out of your way and is quicker on/off.
I just clip the clip onto the tether to form a loop and put my hand through that.
Sailbad the Sinner

wmk0002

Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by wmk0002 »

RaisedByWolves wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 04:53
wmk0002 wrote: 31 May 2022, 15:17 Amazon has universal lanyards. They have the connector to fit every model and you can remove what you dont need. Also a good idea to get a spare one while you are at it.

For my tiller motors, I have a Velcro wrist strap made for PWCs that attaches to the lanyard, again available on Amazon. I much prefer it over having to clip it to a life jacket. Put it on your steering hand and it stays out of your way and is quicker on/off.
I just clip the clip onto the tether to form a loop and put my hand through that.
I've done that before but it never felt very secure. Granted I've never been tossed to test it out though lol.
2016 Alumacraft 1648 NCS - 2020 Yamaha 25 HP Tiller - 1992 Johnson 9.9 HP Tiller
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=40764

RaisedByWolves

Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by RaisedByWolves »

wmk0002 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 11:57

I've done that before but it never felt very secure. Granted I've never been tossed to test it out though lol.
I figure anything violent enough to throw me out of the boat should be enough to knock it off of the button.

If the state of my fishing lines when I get to the fishing hole are any indicator my theory should hold true.

Snagged on everydamnthing.
Sailbad the Sinner

vicali

Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by vicali »

RaisedByWolves wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 05:49 Snagged on everydamnthing.
Ha! guaranteed to be wrapped around the Miin prop then!

Transom saver installed;
Saver.jpg

Also - how to get the yardwork done: dump the gravel in front of the boat... :shock:
IMG_E5951.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vicali

Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by vicali »

Father's day Fishing trip, loads of fun, caught some fish, ran the new Merc, everything was great!

MEUQ5610.JPG
Thanks for all the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GYPSY400

Re: Hp for 14ft Jon

Post by GYPSY400 »

wmk0002 wrote:

It works, I do that then I go grab something in the bow and the motor shuts off. It doesn't take much to dislodge the clip.

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk