Tracker V16 motor height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bass pro shops atleast the ones around here are notorious for hanging the minimum hp on the boats that they have out for sale. I won't speculate as to why but I looked at a couple ranger aluminum cc bay boats at 2 different bass pros and both were rigged with minimum hp as stated by manufacturer. I thought that was a terrible idea on a boat with a 40gal fuel tank 40 gallon livewell and 15 gallon baitwell and rated for 8 people. A walk through the showroom showed a common theme..they must sell though
That way, they attract you to the good price, and then can upgrade you to a bigger motor for more $$$.

You can order anything, but prop diameter usually goes down as the pitch goes up. But I have seen that EVERY boat/motor combination is different. I typically will order 3-4 props, and spend an afternoon testing them out. Very often, in fact most of the time, one of them will be "the magic prop" and will greatly outperform others. Usually, the magic prop will be stainless, but not always.

It's worth playing around with. Once you find that right one, then you can focus on boating and fishing.

The spray behind the boat may or may not be outboard related. Lots of things including transducers and small dents on the boat bottom can cause a spray.
It is a pretty large and uniform V spray around the motor. Perhaps the stern just isn’t getting up high enough. Maybe I’ll start a fun “Are hydrofoils good, guys?” thread! Just kidding.

You're lugging the engine. The height seems right but you need a pic when it's on plane. If the anti cavitation plate is riding on top of the water you are high enough, if just below the water you are also most likely fine. Drop your pitch and see what happens, and as said before, weigh your rig.