10/22 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A trigger job is a simple affair once you understand how the seer and hammer interact. Just make sure you still have a back cut where they mate and keep the edges sharp so it's won't creep or fire if you drop it.

I picked up a '92 WalMart special stainless laminated last month and did some simple work to it that makes it much more enjoyable to run.

With the looming bans, I decided that it was time to replace my dead high capacity mag for my 10/22. I started shopping online and everywhere I looked, they were sold out and had even stopped accepting backorders. I remembered my a friend had picked up 2 of the Buttler Creek steel lips 25 shot clips not long ago. He owed me a few $ so I propositioned him for one of the clips in exchange for the debt. We made the deal but out of curiosity, I started looking online again. Check this out.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326307991

I will stick to my little 10/22, gun purchasing has set off the market and everyone is raising prices to a ridiculous high that I'm certainly not willing to pay

earl60446 said:
I wonder how accurate those takedown 10/22's can be when the scope is mounted to the receiver and not the barrel. Ruger has good rep so I expect it works well but I don't see it being as accurate as the fixed barrel.

Tim

JMichael said:
I've thought about that also earl. I've never seen one of the TD models in person yet so I'm not sure how tight they fit when new. But you have to figure that sooner or later there is going to be some wear involved in that fit and that's going to affect accuracy even more.

I stopped by my buddies place of business Sat (he's owns an aerial applicator/crop duster service) . We started talking and eventually the subject of guns came up. The next thing I know he's telling me he wants me to do something for him because he's too busy with work to do himself. Then he pulls out a 10/22 TD and a new Redfield Revenge 3x9x40 scope. He wants me to mount the scope and sight it in for him. Well I was curious enough about the gun to take him up on it. So now I've got it mounted and rough sighted with a laser. I'll be heading out to finish sighting it in with live rounds in the next couple of days so I'll let you know how accurate and consistent it is after sighting it in and then removing the barrel several times. Of course there's no way to know how it will preform years down the road which would also be a major concern. There's one problem I've noticed already though, adding the scope to it prevents it from fitting in the handy little carrying bag that comes with it because of the added length to the receiver.

No this is an old post but ive got a custom build going on my 10/22 now with butler creek folder stock!

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=366861#p366861 said:
Thejrod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:35 am[/url]"]No this is an old post but ive got a custom build going on my 10/22 now with butler creek folder stock!
Got pictures?

Well, yes but I keep scrapping it & starting over! So, easy on the judgment!