10 HP restriction lakes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Zion, IL. We are not allowed to park anything on the lawn. 2 winters ago I wanted to clear up some room in the back parking off the alley. I moved my flatbed trailer across the backyard to a sidewalk and put one tire on the sidewalk and the other was on the grass. I received a written warning that I would be ticketed and fined for it if I didn't move it. I jacked the trailer up and put a jackstand on the sidewalk supporting the axle so the tire was 2" above the ground. The Compliance Officer came back a week later and was going to issue me a ticket but my neighbor called me and said he was out there. I went out and asked him to show me what part was on the lawn and spun the wheel so he could see it wasn't on the lawn. He wasn't happy, but issued no ticket.

Love it. Brilliant!

Guys, California has an incredible amount going for it. Mountains, lakes, seashore, excellent weather, etc. Move here and vote so we can return to sanity.
Too far gone, let it sink and someone will be along shortly with another TAX to put it back together again. Last I heard was 85 BILLION in debt, no saving it now. I have a friend that has an I O U in lei of a tax refund.....
NO THANKS.....

Too far gone, let it sink and someone will be along shortly with another TAX to put it back together again. Last I heard was 85 BILLION in debt, no saving it now. I have a friend that has an I O U in lei of a tax refund.....
NO THANKS.....

A $billion here. A $billion there. Gee who would have thought it can add up. The staggering numbers are hard for me to grasp, but simply removing the craziness in priorities would move things back in big chunks.

A $billion here. A $billion there. Gee who would have thought it can add up. The staggering numbers are hard for me to grasp, but simply removing the craziness in priorities would move things back in big chunks.
Maybe, BUT I don't see the people that have left coming back now that they have tasted freedom.... Too little, too late..

The whole erosion of our freedoms makes me sick to my stomach. True at both the State and Fed levels. The level of debit is mind numbing, totally out of contol!
I need to put up a storage/shop to keep my stuff in, the level of permits required, plans drawn to scale and enginner approved and on and on are about $10K and thats before I buy one 2X4 for a stick bulit building using standard construction techniques that have been around well over a 100 years. No HOA and no City this is just the County. Made me so mad I haven't done a thing and have considered moving as a result, but where do you even go that you can escape the stupid? Some places still exist, but most of those don't met some of my other requirements.

The whole erosion of our freedoms makes me sick to my stomach. True at both the State and Fed levels. The level of debit is mind numbing, totally out of contol!
I need to put up a storage/shop to keep my stuff in, the level of permits required, plans drawn to scale and enginner approved and on and on are about $10K and thats before I buy one 2X4 for a stick bulit building using standard construction techniques that have been around well over a 100 years. No HOA and no City this is just the County. Made me so mad I haven't done a thing and have considered moving as a result, but where do you even go that you can escape the stupid? Some places still exist, but most of those don't met some of my other requirements.
In my area of Ohio, we are good, so far !! A 35 dollar permit to build my 24x40 two story pole barn, now I understand it is up to 75 dollars. Builder submitted a construction dwg and specs. All built to Ohio building code. Not sure what the cities do, but out here in the country, not many regulations. However, the neighbors do have a way of persuading folks to play nice and take care of your property....if you know what I mean. Had some city folks build a home out here, then proceeded to make numerous proposals and bring around petitions to make restrictions!
Didn't take to long to persuade them to see things our way or move back to the city.

Maybe, BUT I don't see the people that have left coming back now that they have tasted freedom.... Too little, too late..

Maybe, but many like me choose to stay and fight for what we believe. I am hoping there will come a day when folks realize how they have been played for patsies.

Guess some folks choose to not be free, I could never live in a place like that !! I have a sister that lives in one of those HOA divisions...yikes are they expensive and on top of that, they tell you often you can pee !! Not my cup of tea.

Those pee ordinances are tough on us old guys. :)

We were refacing our house at one point and we wanted to take down the existing aluminum awning and replace it with a stick built one that would better match the new brick face. The contractor told us we needed a permit to remove the old and add a new awning. We went ahead and did the work without the permit and nobody was the wiser. However Government has gotten way out of hand in telling people what they can/cannot do on their own property.

We shouldn't make fun of California.
If we didn't have it.
Where would we send all the fruits and nuts?

Careful. There is a good chance your next president could be a clueless rich guy from California. :D (not referring to anyone specifically of course, but I'll be OK to see him leave).

Careful. There is a good chance your next president could be a clueless rich guy from California. :D (not referring to anyone specifically of course, but I'll be OK to see him leave).
If I understand it correctly he has ANOTHER recall in the oven?? THIS time ya'll better get it right or this will be the last we ever hear from you guys....