12 foot alumacraft mod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bestshooter

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just found this site and my head is spinning with so many great ideas . First thing first I guess . I just got a 1236 Alumacraft that I wanna work on . I want to put a floor in and extend the front deck if you even call it that to allow a little storage . I want to put some of the pink foam that I saw on one of the builds in the floor under the wood . What is the name of the foam , I could not find it at lowes today . My second question on the floor subject is what can I use to screw the wood to the rib?

On to the front deck extension . I would like to extend the front seat/deck to the first rib to enclose and allow for storage . I have seen people use aluminum framing to do this . Where can I get this ? What is the actual name of this aluminum? I looked at lowes and couldn't find anything that seemed strong enough for this . How about the L brackets to connect aluminum to attach to boat ? When I do the actual decking what screws do I use to screw into front seat ?
https://youtu.be/bpz5agpC0Jk.. This is kinda the idea I was thinkin with front and back deck .

Thanks .... Sorry if I sound stupid but learning as I go .

Welcome to the site, I think what your looking for is Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation. Lowes should have this in stock. Just cut to size and glue with some construction adhesive. I would use stainless sheet metal screws for everyting. I used square aluminum tubing for my front deck that I got from the ladder rack on my truck cap. But I like to recycle stuff. Lowes should have this type of tubing as well. As far as the L brackets, just make your own from aluminum angle(which you can get at lowes) just cut off small pieces with a hack saw and drill holes. Don't forget to post some pics!