14' Smokercraft Alaskan

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am working on a 1981 Alaskan right now. I was hoping you could help me out. How did you get the old wood out of the Aluminum channels on the seat edges. The wood on Mine is rotted and needs to be replaced. I would like to reuse the original seat channels and dont want to destroy them in the process of getting the wood out.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354675#p354675 said:
TMax27 » Yesterday, 11:02[/url]"]Probably one of the cleanest and nicest builds here on tinboats.net
Agreed

very clean boat!

i'm looking at hopefully picking up a smoker very soon. this is a really nice specimen. the one i'm looking at is pretty nice already. however, it's very simple, which, is how i like my tins. the motor will need to be freshened up one day but for now it's usable.

any other people have insight on smokers? looking through forum/s now to gather intel.

again, lots of hard work resulted in an awesome boat. lots of pride there!

daniel

wow great build, thank you for posting, im new to this site, but already I have found some great info, your boat looks amazing, you did a terrific job, you also gave me some great ideas to finish off my 77 sea nymph 14 foot v, I know that's an older thread, but I hope you are still havin fun thanx =D>

Toy Boat,
Great Job on the Smoker,

I bought a 1982 18' Alaskan last fall,All original condition,started working on it .
Installed new seats and put in a floor ,Bought a bimini top.
Still have a lot to do, but reading your restore post gave me some great ideas.

Thanks for sharing,
Tony

TOY BOAT said:
Silverad04 said:
The paint looks good, how did you paint it?
I used a paint gun, and compressor with a inline water separator.

Started cutting the holes for the accessories, installed the battery box, and cleaned up the interior for paint.

I really like this build. I'm picking up a very similar smokercraft in the near future

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk