15 ft Sea Nymph

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VAbassin said:
flex said:
VAbassin said:
No comparison to that 75! I'm jealous!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I've got it scooting 37 with two people and ice chests and gear. Still over rev a bit at WOT. Went up to a 17 pitch stainless, trying to find a 19 pitch stainless or 20 pitch raker prop. Should be well over 40 with either of those!

And I can get on plane in about a foot, cruise in less, and push pole in 6"!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thats pretty **** quick man. Is that after messing with trim? Props will work all sorts of magic! I haven't messed around with mine whatsoever. Iv only ran mine in a trash bin. And sounds like that motor is paired perfectly with that boat!

I have trim about perfect. Finally had a friend that can drive out this weekend so could watch the motor. Going to raise jack plate about another 1.5".

VAbassin said:
evansjoem said:
I'm in Reno nv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How's the fishing out there man?

vegas is 8hrs away but only a couple bass ponds. Clearlake is 3hrs away and oroville is 2hrs away so that is close for our area

flex said:
VAbassin said:
flex said:
I've got it scooting 37 with two people and ice chests and gear. Still over rev a bit at WOT. Went up to a 17 pitch stainless, trying to find a 19 pitch stainless or 20 pitch raker prop. Should be well over 40 with either of those!

And I can get on plane in about a foot, cruise in less, and push pole in 6"!

Thats pretty **** quick man. Is that after messing with trim? Props will work all sorts of magic! I haven't messed around with mine whatsoever. Iv only ran mine in a trash bin. And sounds like that motor is paired perfectly with that boat!

I have trim about perfect. Finally had a friend that can drive out this weekend so could watch the motor. Going to raise jack plate about another 1.5".

That's how you do it! It's tough doing it by yourself. And a jack plate is something I'll get when I go to side console. I'll also redo my transom.

evansjoem said:
VAbassin said:
evansjoem said:
I'm in Reno nv

vegas is 8hrs away but only a couple bass ponds. Clearlake is 3hrs away and oroville is 2hrs away so that is close for our area

Clear Lake is Def on my bucket list. Gorgeous piece of water.

evansjoem said:
VAbassin said:
evansjoem said:
I'm in Reno nv

MC Oroville! Meth til death! That's what I know about oroville.

flex said:
evansjoem said:
VAbassin said:

MC Oroville! Meth til death! That's what I know about oroville.

lol!!! Ya but we catch a lot of spots there. Besides the toothless locals

Bullards bar is awesome too. Going there soon

8810c6882348372ca409349b8d7dd8d4.jpg

e6040e19571f805672956027ccf8bfc5.jpg

These two are the ones I'm stuck between fellas! I'm leaning more towards the promariner. I made a more detailed post about it over in electrical on my pro/con thoughts of them. For the followers of my build, any opinions, input, recommendations, etc?

I had a ProSport 12 on my old boat. I had it for probably 15 years until i sold it last year. Still worked great.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jbird68 said:
I had a ProSport 12 on my old boat. I had it for probably 15 years until i sold it last year. Still worked great.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Yea that's kind of what I'm leaning towards! They have always been a big name on bass boats

Well got the first hatch hinged. They are screwing in and holding better than I thought. We shall see how they hold up drilled into the side of the plywood like that. Now 3 more!

e3116ee7660ea1fc85aab42da588423b.jpg

1513f7094edd753b03cef04b19520e41.jpg

Johnny said:

Bassin said: "We shall see how they hold up drilled into the side of the plywood like that".

what is drilled into the "side" ??? are you talking about you drilled the
hinge mounting screws into the the EDGE of the plywood ?
what size screws did you use ?

Yes exactly. I cant remember the actual size but they are about an inch and a half long and very skinny. I think they will be alright.

yes - time will tell.
every application is different.
edge screwed plywood is not an acceptable method of mounting anything.
the more you walk on that area, the screws will eventually separate the
plys compromising its integrity and will have to be repaired or replaced.

IF there is adequate "non-flexing" bracing at the edges of the hatch,
it will last the longest. If the bracing is a few inches back, look forward to issues.
good build so far !! looks great.

just for reference, this is how a hinge should be be installed with plywood, when possible.Hatch Mount.jpg

Yea that's what I figured. I have aluminum support all the way around the hatches. The only stress on the hinges themselves will be when actually opening and closing the Hatch. But that is an awesome idea. I'll have to keep that in mind. But thanks! It's been quite a project. Alot of work!

The most popular waterproofing formula is the Varnish/Linseed Oil/Mineral Spirits mix.
which works extremely well on any indoor or outdoor project.
I have used Alkyd Oil Primers for more years than I can remember and works great.
in my opinion, any oil product that is substantially reduced so it can penetrate the
wood fibers will work. (not to be confused with acrylic - which is water based).
Opinions are like noses - Everybody has one - and they are all different.
Just do your homework prior to doing anything major in your project.
Primers 003.JPG

I used linseed oil on my wood pieces. That's all my family had used on any outdoor wood. Instead of weather sealing the wood, the linseed oil weather proofs it. I guess that's the best way of describing it. It lets water in but allows the water to seep through it. Sealing wood keeps water from penetrating it.

Got 2 more hatches hinged. Smooth Sailing! They close down pretty well. Still gotta get a dog leash and cut it into my grab loops.

89db8d1260a8e2755c99a0dc877c59e3.jpg

91aacb005b5226df088af1b1ea7e96d1.jpg

42550b0d41c4c6b6c32eeef5f1b7bf6a.jpg

I also cleaned up the wiring under the front deck the way I wanted to. Should've waited since I'm adding courtesy lights on the gunwales and under the deck... Oh well. It's neat now. Still figuring out how I'm going to place my 2 batteries for my 24V front trolling motor.

9d24c17d0f892ac4f6dbe80135ba324e.jpg

0b0ea1a006fa5630669d905caaa3b923.jpg

322b710e6709f3eec36efa027734f411.jpg

I also organized the wiring going to my accessory battery in the back of the boat. Some Zip ties most definitely work magic.

aa67db6ab380b8f1511a293785ffaf0f.jpg

c6a13ea42219b2d377159bbe06e95710.jpg

fcfaa4b4b9ee76f46167ecd09345ae3d.jpg

65788770603a8feb5ce89374cf03de10.jpg