1648 Landau Reincarnation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brine said:
Dang man...I don't think it looks bad at all.

What is the cardinal rule of camoflauging you broke?

The rule is to start with the darker colors and work your way to the lighter ones. I'm not sure how it applies to the base coat since some are tan to begin with.

Thanks guys for all the encouraging posts. It will most likely change, at least a little bit, because I also want to extend the reed pattern below the spray rail (or whatever that thing is, lol). For now, it has been too wet outside to do anything but hopefully I will get some work done tomorrow or later on in the weekend.

Have been getting a little more work done on this lately. The same 2X4s I used for my "paint booth" were re-used as the stringers for my deck. Here they are before being coated in epoxy resin and bolted down:

020120091100-1.jpg

Here is the test fit of the deck. It's kinda big, maybe too big, but it's too late to turn back now! If you look closely, you'll see how I "prestressed" the deck by making the middle supports higher. It should help it resist bending moment forces caused from anglers.
020120091102-1.jpg

The camo is on hold until I can find a store with more brown camo spray. Everything's getting resin coated right now and may get put together by the end of the weekend. Anybody have recommendation on a good cover to use over the deck and false floors? I don't want the traditional carpet as it can get messy and tangles my lures.

Here's a full body picture of where the paint is at now:

020120091096-1.jpg

Sadly, I've gone through over $100 worth of spray paint on this, and counting!

You are doing a great job on your boat. It has come a really long way. The paint looks really good!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. Look forward to the rest of your build.

I don't think the deck is too big, there should be plenty of storage under there if you want it - I think mine is similar in that it extends to the next bench.

If you do change your mind on the paint. There's some free stencils at https://www.outdoorwriter.net you can use. But I think the flat green looked pretty good.

Attachments

• stencilthumb.jpg
    stencilthumb.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 379