1976 9.9 Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have experiance with a Aluminum Solas 9.25x11 prop for there 9.9?? Is this the best prop I can get for my 12' jon 9.9 evinrude, or is there a better one out there?

Also Im going to get a jack plate welded up too, I need to raise my motor 2". I know I should make it out of aluminum but, could I use steel? I'll just put 3 coats of paint on it, so it wont rust....??

Here is a video of some guys jack plate, go to about the 2 min. mark to see it. Im going to make it just like his.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyW2svX5Wuo&feature=related

I looked up reviews on Aluminum Solas Props, and alot of people are happy with them. Any prop will bend easy if you hit something, rocks, logs, esc...

Solas props are suppost to be a step up from your standard, stock prop. Reliability and Precision
SOLAS uses a state of the art squeeze casting process to make our aluminum propellers stronger and tougher than traditional die cast products.

I just bought a new prop for my boat, I took crazymanme2 expertise advise and bought non solas. To each his own, The Omc or props that come factory sure seem to take some abuse.

Solas props are suppost to be a step up from your standard, stock prop. Reliability and Precision
SOLAS uses a state of the art squeeze casting process to make our aluminum propellers stronger and tougher than traditional die cast products.

Our government can't tell the truth so why do you think a company in China will. #-o

Solas props are made in China & I will keep my money in the good old USA,buy AMERICAN =D>