1987 9.9 evinrude water pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim reynolds

Reaction score
I have a 1987 evinrude 9.9. When it is running slow water comes out of the tell tale but not the back of the motor. At faster speeds it comes out both. Is this normal with these older motors. It does not seem to get hot when trolling. Any help would be good Thanks Tim

I have a 1985 Johnson 9.9 that I have had since 1988 and it has always done the same so my guess is it’s normal. It has been a remarkably reliable engine. Never even had the carburetor off, but I always always disconnect the fuel line and run it out of gas before loading it on the trailer.

I have a 1985 Johnson 9.9 that I have had since 1988 and it has always done the same so my guess is it’s normal. It has been a remarkably reliable engine. Never even had the carburetor off, but I always always disconnect the fuel line and run it out of gas before loading it on the trailer.
Thanks for the info. I thought it was probably normal but figured I would put it out there to people that have them. Thanks again Tim