1988 bass tracker special guide mod.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabsandbottlecaps

Reaction score
Got the boat last year and used it like it's set up now , it worked well but am going to modify it this year for fishing in the bay and crabbing . I am looking to make it a left side drive console in the front behind casting deck take the left rod box out and find out how many boxes I can add to the front casting deck as possible . My first step which will be tomorrow is to remove wood floors as see what the bottom looks like and clean all leaves that I no are underneath , this will also let me look at all the wiring that is in the boat and run new wires the way I think they should be done. Has anybody ever done this to same style boat with pictures ? I find this some times helps with brain storming ideas here a list of what's going to be done before March / April

1. Strip floors replace with pvc plywood and cover with rubber style carpet ( not really carpet but u seen this at bass pro same stuff )

2. Strip pant. .. not sure if spraying with paint stripper and wiping off will do because of aluminum or a drill with 30 sanding tool would be better ? ( though )

3. Take out rod box on left side to give more room for console and room in boat to dip crabs . ( Doesn't seem to have any reason for integrity of boat not sure )

Well leave there then I'll post to show progress any useful tips hints or knowledge in areas is appreciated

Nice looking boat you have there. The side boxes probably do add to the structural integrity of your boat. Other guys will probably chime in on that. Welcome aboard, keep posting pics!

This is the foam just got done ripping up all the wood it's pretty wet and tracker did a chappy got with the hole size to allow water to run to the back of the plug on the plus side I will be running a lot quicker this year after getting rid of the soggy weight . Now is the foam necessary I no its there mostly for noise reduction but what's something that I could replace with and not have to worry about it getting water logged I seen some people use house insulation boards that u would find under siding of the house

Foam pic
20140111_170536_zpso9pzmwq_edit_1389575394198_zpsidfxvjy_edit_1389576658637_zpsy2605r6_edit_1389637918719_zpshvudaw6m.jpg
[/url]img]

Just took out all the foam from the back of the boat to the front deck . I also weight it on a shipping scale total of 4 bags so far weighed 433 lbs that's a total of 2 people the front deck has about 2 bags to be pulled up which I'll get tomorrow along with a vacuuming and a good cleaning

Amazing how much that foam can weigh! I took most of mine out two seasons ago(weighed at ton), more last season(also a ton). Took out more for this mod, planning to replace with blue foam board. Glad you put yours on a scale, always wondered what the total poundage would be. Keep the pics coming!

Well not sure what tracker was thinking when they made these holes for drainage but one leaf or bottle cap would plug these holes has anyone had these problems and what did u do my first guess is to drill bigger holes but would really like to jigsaw a square or rectangle

Today wasn't all that bad found this gem I no it was in the boat some where and found it in the back bench but seems to be missing a over flow...not sure but is this suppose to have a drain stem or this type of live well and how would it drain because there three plugs ones for main drain of boat ones for live well pump.. not sure what the other is for but it's under water line so don't think it can be a drain for over flow ..but not sure any thoughts would help

I have a tracker livewell like you and I think the black nozzle coming in from the side is your fill and aeration and the white hole might should have a piece of pvc in it as an overflow and then you can remove the pvc for it too drain. Thats how the plumbing looked on mine anyway.

On your tracker . Are the drain holes for the water under the floor small like mine too seems like a leaf or anything small could clog the hole and prevent water from getting back to the bilge pump

Its hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the exact same fitting to me. Like I said mine doesn't lead to the bilge though it is just a drain. And there is a piece of pvc coming out of the fitting.