1989 Bass Tracker TX17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've already torn a hole in the butt of my jeans and my hands look like a cutting board but that's to be expected. If I get out of this without stitches I'll be a happy camper lol, and as far as getting the pedestal mount out, didn't even mean too. Just seemed like the next step so a few bolts and a couple rivets later and it came right out. Now do I pull the bottom pan in the bilge out before or after I pull the sides of the rear deck? I feel like the pan has to come out first but im not really sure

Yes pan comes out first because the side pieces drop all the way down to it and rivet to it on the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9fb4e9cc00c5991c6a8249904ecf34d8.jpg

Just by looking at all of the rebuilds on these boats I’m not sure that 2 boats where made the same back then lol.

Jbower said:
Yes pan comes out first because the side pieces drop all the way down to it and rivet to it on the sides. You could probably pull the pan and both side pieces as one if you are brave lol

Well I got most of it pulled out finally! Didn't have to drill out any rivets going through the hull either. Most difficult part was getting the large aluminum pan to come out first, took a chunk out of my hand too but nothing too bad..... little electrical tape and we were back in action. So moving forward tonight I'll be pulling out the bits of remaining foam, and cleaning the foam that's left out from between the hull and cross supports. Anyone have any good ways of getting into these tight areas to get the foam out, I used a coat hanger, knife, and screwdriver on the front but that sucked and would like to find a better way. Also, is there any reason why I wouldn't be advised to take the large aluminum pan in the bilge and cut it in half to make reassembly easier?? I don't see why it has to be one piece?
Thanks!
Also finding out that the guy before me who decided to "fix" it up a bit really really liked 1 1/2" self tapping screws to hold everything down and they are the biggest PITA, plus they stick out if you aren't expecting one to be there and grab you hand or clothing....... I will not use any of these when I put her back together! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_3290.JPG
    IMG_3290.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,566
  • IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,566
Wow looks good. I’ve been using a large prybar to bust the foam out or I used a 5 1/2 inch hole saw on a lot of the front to get it busted up and vacuum it out

I used a full size shovel actually and made quick work of the foam, but I'm trying to find a way to at the foam where the arrows are pointing, under those cross beams

Attachments

• IMG_3291.JPG
    IMG_3291.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 3,548
Well I cleaned out the last bit of foam in the rear, luckily there was barely any under the ribs, nothing like the front. The front took me about 2 hours to clean out, the back only took me a half hour or so last night so that's a plus. Now tonight a little more scrubbing to get some of the oil and other crap of the rear end and then labeling wires. I hate wires :roll:

Awesome work. I haven’t really touched mine. I need to pick up another sheet of plywood still. I got some plastic tubs today for storage also 3 bank charger,trolling motor tray and some l.e.d lights came in today. I think I am going to pull the outboard motor off tomorrow and start prepping outside for paint before I go further on interior

While I know it's backwards and will be a pain in the butt if I decide to do it, I don't [plan on touching the outside of my boat this winter. I really want to fish it and that means getting the inside and outboard right. If I have some extra funds or time in the spring/summer then maybe I'll give it a thought but right now its full blown interior work. Which brings me to my next update. My buddy who it pretty good with wires came over to give m e a hand getting started on the wiring. We eliminated quite a bit of wire just by tracing them and ruling them out. However we quickly came to a stopping point as 90% of the wires under the console just weren't hooked up to the fuse panel and we had no clue what should be where. So after a 15 minute search on here we found a wiring diagram for my boat [-o< He is going to spend some time going over that today and we will reconvene tonight to continue on the wiring. We also went to remove the pumps in the back, got two of the three out. The livewell pump was a pain though and the outside of the hole was caked in silicone. After stripping a little of this silicone off we got the pump free, but the fitting that the pump was set into now moves. Never seen anything quite like this before, you can see what I'm talking about in the picture below. Should I remove this whole "fitting?" and replace or just silicone it back up when I put in the new pumps?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3296.JPG
    IMG_3296.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 4,846
  • IMG_3297.JPG
    IMG_3297.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,846
  • IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 4,846
I would remove that siliconed spacer, whatever that thing is. Previous owner of my boat did the same thing. I removed all of that crap and put in a new pump properly. Do it right the first time.

I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be part of the boat that the PO tried to fix or if it was something the PO added, because yes if they added it I would remove it in a heart beat

Remove it and replace. It’s a threaded nut which secures the pump. Sounds like you are getting a lot done. I have probably an hour or two left on my front deck framing then I will pull it all out in one piece to paint all the wood. Rear deck is pretty much back together. Been working on lowering the seat bases. I went 2 inches and almost think I could go a little more. Just tryin to get it a little more comfortable that way my custom console I’m building will work out nice

Nice, and I'm trying to get this stuff done so I can get to the fun part of building the front deck and plumbing the livewell which I think we're going to add either a pump out or an overflow since currently it has neither lol. I hate wiring but I know it needs done so trying to do all that currently, after tonight I'll be traveling for the Holidays and won't be back home for 10 days so at least for now trying to get as much done as I can before I leave........but with any luck Santa will bring some parts I asked for :mrgreen:

Front deck is fun to lay out but definitely time consuming. I went to Walmart looking for storage tubs. Found one that would fit 3700 cases probably 15 standing up and could still stack some on top of those. Wanted 2 and only had one lol. Got some smaller tubs for way up front not sure what I’ll use them for yet but I’m sure something will go in them. Still need PVC for rod tubes. My livewell only had pump in so I am adding an aerator and probably pump out. I have a bunch of the pumps in stock since I work on a ton of wakeboats and some bass boats in the summer

Lucky! I'm looking at $150 for pumps lol, and I'm going with an open rod locker design I'm not a fan of the PVC rod holders.....here's to a 10 day break lol
Merry Christmas

Go with the tsunami aerator pumps. Cheap and easy. They make a special one for the aerator everything but hose comes in a kit. Then get and extra cartridge to keep in the boat if you ever have a problem in a tournament or something