1989 Bass Tracker TX17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!

on the pull straps (if you do decide to use them): I just use stainless staples to attached them to the wood lid, works good :)

Question: Whats supporting your deck on the opposite side of the console? I didn't see any sort of frame work there, just curious.

I was going to run a carpeted 2x4 from the floor to the bottom of the deck as a vertical support but honestly after getting it all in place there is almost no movement there when I stand on it. That corner however is supported a little by the aluminum wall panel. There is a cut out at the top of the wall panel for the deck to slide into, I'm going to leave it just as it is though plenty strong enough.

kalninm said:
That corner however is supported a little by the aluminum wall panel.

think thats what I missed, cool!

Been working on deck supports on my own project (probably overthinking it a bit), trying to keep weight down... so I've been looking at what other folks are getting away with. It's a broad spectrum...lol

Nice project btw!

yes it is a broad spectrum and I almost always over engineer my projects but this came out very nice, just a tiny bit of flex in the plywood

captpetej said:
kalninm said:
That corner however is supported a little by the aluminum wall panel.

think thats what I missed, cool!

Been working on deck supports on my own project (probably overthinking it a bit), trying to keep weight down... so I've been looking at what other folks are getting away with. It's a broad spectrum...lol

Nice project btw!
I really don’t think that weight can hurt these boats much. I have a deck all the way to the Console,framing completely out of wood with 4 storage compartments and a center rod locker and still had to put my 2 trolling motor batteries up front to help with porpoising and it’s still not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes me feel great lol, I have zero weight in the front, but I do have only a 50 on the back of mine

Got the new one mounted up last night and all I can say is wow, it feels so much better, smoother, and more solid than the Motor Guide ever did. Obviously time will tell, but initial reaction was that the Minn Kota was well worth the $$$

Attachments

• IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 3,235
Doing some work on the motor this weekend, new water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, rebuilding the carbs, and then running it a bit. I did finish the rear deck and bilge, I have all the battery trays and gas tank straps installed and all I can say is..... I have no clue how I thought I may be able to fit a 10 gallon tank in there. Three batteries, and onboard charger, all the pumps, and a 6 gallon gas tank make for a snug fit. I still have to mount both transducers up and put the lid for my compartment up front on but other than that it's pretty much there. Will get some new pics up this weekend.

kalninm said:
Doing some work on the motor this weekend, new water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, rebuilding the carbs, and then running it a bit. I did finish the rear deck and bilge, I have all the battery trays and gas tank straps installed and all I can say is..... I have no clue how I thought I may be able to fit a 10 gallon tank in there. Three batteries, and onboard charger, all the pumps, and a 6 gallon gas tank make for a snug fit. I still have to mount both transducers up and put the lid for my compartment up front on but other than that it's pretty much there. Will get some new pics up this weekend.
Like to see a pic of the bilge compartment. The layout pacifically.
b057f7a481af058be2b073b1fa1ec391.jpg

This is how I might end up on mine, with a 6gal tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So pretty much for my bilge the only way I found to hold everything back there that I wanted was as follows. On the starboard side all the way towards the stern I have a manual (switch operated) 1000gph bilge pump, in the center I have my livewell pump in and a float operated 1000gph bilge pump. Then on the port side as you can see in one of the pictures as a big black box I have a two bank charger tucked in the corner. Then all the way on the starboard side I have a battery tray from my cranking battery, then I have two more battery trays mounted horizontally just off center for two trolling motor batteries (just a 12V system but double the life on the water). Then all the way on the port side I have my straps installed for my 6 gallon fuel tank. All of this just barely fits without hitting anything else, I had to be careful too because out of the back of the livewell I have a recirc pump sticking out that would easily get destroyed from a rogue battery. Other than that, this weekend my buddy and I managed to do some updating on the motor. New water pump, new thermostat, rebuilt the carbs, and new fuel filter. We actually went to run it, and mind you last fall it was a bit of a PITA to get started and keep running, then on this 38 degree Saturday one turn of the key and she was off. Not too shabby for a 30 year old motor. Still have some throttle adjustments to make and need to gap my new spark plugs before they go in, but I have a very happy motor right now. Unfortunately the same could not be said for my hydraulic trim motor. I think its leaking but I'm not sure. It was low on fluid in the fall, I topped her off and she ran great. Put her away for winter and then tried her this weekend. The pump is turning but not pushing any fluid around, and when I opened it up pretty much zero fluid came out......so that has to get fixed. Other than all that I got the front transducer mounted up and a tackleweb installed. enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 3,136
  • IMG_3514.JPG
    IMG_3514.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,136
  • IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,136
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 3,136
  • IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,136
kalninm said:
So pretty much for my bilge the only way I found to hold everything back there that I wanted was as follows. On the starboard side all the way towards the stern I have a manual (switch operated) 1000gph bilge pump, in the center I have my livewell pump in and a float operated 1000gph bilge pump. Then on the port side as you can see in one of the pictures as a big black box I have a two bank charger tucked in the corner. Then all the way on the starboard side I have a battery tray from my cranking battery, then I have two more battery trays mounted horizontally just off center for two trolling motor batteries (just a 12V system but double the life on the water). Then all the way on the port side I have my straps installed for my 6 gallon fuel tank. All of this just barely fits without hitting anything else, I had to be careful too because out of the back of the livewell I have a recirc pump sticking out that would easily get destroyed from a rogue battery. Other than that, this weekend my buddy and I managed to do some updating on the motor. New water pump, new thermostat, rebuilt the carbs, and new fuel filter. We actually went to run it, and mind you last fall it was a bit of a PITA to get started and keep running, then on this 38 degree Saturday one turn of the key and she was off. Not too shabby for a 30 year old motor. Still have some throttle adjustments to make and need to gap my new spark plugs before they go in, but I have a very happy motor right now. Unfortunately the same could not be said for my hydraulic trim motor. I think its leaking but I'm not sure. It was low on fluid in the fall, I topped her off and she ran great. Put her away for winter and then tried her this weekend. The pump is turning but not pushing any fluid around, and when I opened it up pretty much zero fluid came out......so that has to get fixed. Other than all that I got the front transducer mounted up and a tackleweb installed. enjoy.
Thanks fr the pics. Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I'm waiting on a few pieces as finishing touches but she is ready to rock n' roll. A few decals coming in and still have to do trailer bunks but here is how she sits now. First pic is of the front deck, then second pic is a closer look at my solution to rod storage, and lastly a look at the back deck. enjoy :!:

Attachments

• IMG_3558.JPG
    IMG_3558.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 3,058
  • IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,058
  • IMG_3554.JPG
    IMG_3554.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 3,058
got the motor cowl done this past weekend, the decals came in. Pretty happy with how they came out!

Attachments

• IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,012
  • IMG_3559.JPG
    IMG_3559.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,012
Wow. Just read over your entire build. You have done really great work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, May 19th she'll be put in the water for the first time, I'll run her around a bit but then gotta get the trailer weighed to get it registered and have to fix the bunks.......put new bunks and brackets on lol

Latest posts