1990 14' Lund Pike Rebel Special - UPDATE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Evidrine
I like em simple and clean, however, once I start using it heavily I will be modifying a few things for ease of use and efficiency. E.g., I have not run it up on trailer from the water yet. There is always tweaking to be done to make this process very quick and simple.

Thanks
The color is called barely teal. I had the paint store tint floor and porch paint from Benjamin Moore and I applied it with a foam roller
3 coats top and bottom

Nice setup there for a V hull, I like the way you kept the front deck recessed for added stability.
Nice clean build!

Awesome, so clean and open [emoji108]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting those pictures again awesome job =D> This will be my go to plan for the future of my boat

Attachments

• 100_0827.JPG
    100_0827.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 3,269
Thanks for the compliments everyone. That is a good setup Robert and that color is easy on the eyes

I took the boat out for her first shakedown run, she flies with 2 adults and one child. Great hole shot and quick to plane. I am running a 10.5 pitch prop due to the altitude. Next trip will include the fishing rods!

My 13 yo daughter is excited to go again. She has not been on a boat before but likes fishing.

Finally got to throw a fly line out of her and I am very pleased
Caught 6 rainbows between 18-20 inches at 8700' above sea level engine fired right up and did not let me down despite the altitude

The lower front deck did a great job of shielding the fly line too, it is always windy on mtn lakes

I must say ... that is simply THE PRETTIEST & CLEANEST (simple - functional) layout on ANY tin boat I have EVER seen posted here! You done good - REALLY good!

What!! A sensible, decent and clean conversion boat that probably has some weight capacity left?
You must be on the wrong site but hats off for doing one right! Please don't tell me your going to add a bunch of China made gizmo bass bling things and electrical crap to it....
Put the tools down. Your done. Congratulations.

Stumpalump said:
What!! A sensible, decent and clean conversion boat that probably has some weight capacity left?
You must be on the wrong site but hats off for doing one right! Please don't tell me your going to add a bunch of China made gizmo bass bling things and electrical crap to it....
Put the tools down. Your done. Congratulations.

LOL, thanks Dale and Stumpalump

I really appreciate the compliments. I can cast a fly from any deck on her and no snagging, and despite the v hull bow she is very stable with me walking around up there. The boat is much lighter now then when I purchased it, it came with 3 heavy pedestal seats, a livewell, heavier plywood and a bunch of carpeting and extra hardware. I used a smaller fuel tank and lighter battery as well.

I am done, it has running and nav lights and a really good bilge pump. That is all I need on her. Dale, she finally got dirty, here is a pic of my daughter chauffeuring me to another fish spot. She spots the rises on the lake and then takes me to them.

The state wildlife officer at the lake couldn't believe how clean and simple it was too. he told me it was very easy for him to inspect :)

Lastly, there were a lot of boats on the lake with the resultant chop and she ran dry which was my only other concern left. The trailer needs some tweaking to load her fast, but that is a quick fix.

Attachments

• IMG_20170604_095203734.jpg
    IMG_20170604_095203734.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,753
I have been following your build on here as well. I love how clean it turned out. I like the seafoam blue paint on the interior as well. I went with white on the interior of mine and actually wish I had gone with a gray paint as it wouldn't be so bright on the eyes. Your boat turned out awesome. I really like the back casting deck, that looks really nice. I thought about doing something like that on mine but ended up not doing so.

Great job, perfect for fly fishing.

TDobb said:
I have been following your build on here as well. I love how clean it turned out. I like the seafoam blue paint on the interior as well. I went with white on the interior of mine and actually wish I had gone with a gray paint as it wouldn't be so bright on the eyes. Your boat turned out awesome. I really like the back casting deck, that looks really nice. I thought about doing something like that on mine but ended up not doing so.

Great job, perfect for fly fishing.

Thanks for the compliment TDobb!

That back deck has a lot of space under it since I moved the battery and fuel forward. I will put a large plastic box under there to keep some items dry in case of rain.

I have had been on and owned boats with white interiors in FL and they will tire your eyes out, even with dark sunglassses. Eventually I went with gray or the light green and noticed a marked improvement in eye fatigue. Colorado has more sunny days than FL and we are closer to the sun so I figured why not a light green again.

After 1 season on the water, she ran great and functioned as planned. I added some dry deck under the hatches to keep the water off of items stored there and this has worked well. I plan on taking her to a lake this weekend and finally spend some time hunting pike and carp. Last year was spent catching trout and bass. Sorry, the layout is the same so I did not see a reason to post a pic.

Mtntop, Just found your build. Looks beautiful. You are going to have a great season with that ride this year.
If you haven't already, check out fishexplorer.com for all kinds of info on lakes here in Colorado.

Thanks guys
Carp, I will check out that link, I just printed the CDOW info re lakes in CO too.

Hi, I wanted to share some updates I made to my boat. I changed the trailer configuration by fabricating PVC uprights instead of the carpeted side guides, added LED trailer lighting, changed the hull color and interior color, added a small console with a rod holder and [fishfinder that originally came with the boat]. Added better drainage to the interior, reconfigured the rear hatches so they open to the sides and added flush mount slam latches and a retractable front cleat, lastly, added a spare tire carrier.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,019
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Like others have said, great color choice and the fit and finish looks fantastic. Your earlier comment about bright white interiors being hard on the eyes makes a lot of sense.

You are making me feel guilty about not cleaning my boat (well, maybe just a little guilty- Haha).