1990 16' Lund Rebel Special

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible you put the impeller in backwards? That is turning against the natural set of the blades?

Hi Pine. I don't think I'll ever know for sure. I am a murphy so anything is possible. I did put it together the 2nd time exactly as I did the first time - the difference was I replaced all parts the 2nd time. My suspicion is the hard black plastic housing was defective and allowed the silver cup to shift somehow... I also read somewhere that the impeller is flexible enough to correct itself if turned the wrong way initially. Like I said, I'll never know for sure as it worked fine for awhile and then it didn't.... Can't wait for the weather to moderate so I can get some hours on her. The only thing I've done since the last update is I installed a 2 bank battery charger/maintainer that will take the guess work out of battery charging. cheers!

Latest update on this old girl... She's going in next week for a repower. Trading the carb'd 2004 Yamaha for a Fuel injected 2021 40hp Suzuki 4 stroke in white and I can't wait. I will post a picture when I get her back. After that's complete I think I'll have a christening ceremony and rename her "First Light II". Wife's name is Dawn and our last boat was "First Light" so it seems appropriate. Rest assured I will not break a bottle of champagne on her bow as it's acceptable tradition to pour some over the bow and drink the rest! :LOL2: Check back in a couple weeks for new photos! Cheers! :beer:

Great build. Very professional. I love bringing old stuff back to new and making it your own. Some people like to buy but it takes real skill to build. I just bought a Lund SSV 18' last year and because I just can't leave things alone, I am doing some mods to. I have ordered a sheet of 5/8" MDO also for the mods. How was it to work with and router the edges. How is the paint holding up on it. I was thinking of just sealing it something so it matches the other seats but I really like the look of the quality of the paint on yours. what paint did you use and did you use primer.

Beautiful work. The early 2000 yamahas are fantastic motors, but I think you're going to love that EFI Suzuki! I'm in your neck of the woods and I'll be sure to wave if I see you out on the water.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Stomper— MDO is easy to work with and the edge routes real smooth. Be sure to seal the edges real good. I used multiple coats of oil base primer and good quality floor paint (also multiple coats). I also have 3/8 stall mat on top for noise and to protect the finish. Enjoy your project!