1992 tracker guide v16

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I decided to move my group 27 cranking battery to up front next to my group 31 AGM TM battery I got sticker shock pricing marine wire at West Marine. I used the wire from these I bought at lowes. https://www.lowes.com/pd_150923-878...pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=jumper+cables&facetInfo= West marine wanted $5 a foot for a single wire. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Disclaimer: Yes I know it's not Mil.Spec., Yes I know It's not tinned for corrosion resistance, Yes I know you will have to wrap the negative lugs with black electrical tape.

At less than 1/5th the price of the good stuff it works fine for my fresh water application. :mrgreen: Just thought I'd share for any other "Frugal" members here. :oops:

I probably will end up getting wire from west marine just because of the salt i spend half the year in

You can find tinned marine wire online way way cheaper than west marine! Check out the "Materials for your conversion" link to find some suggestions.

Ok so the wireing job needs to begin. Can u guys help me get some parts together. I got some tinned copper 16 gage wire. Is that to thick? If anyone has a picture of a diagram that works for them that would help

I know this is a little off topic but then again it's not. Your Tracker V-16..... Is it an open boat ? One with just standard aluminum bench seats? No console or decking? I have a 93 V-16 that has the bench type seats like you find in something like a Blue Star. I can't find another Tracker V-16 with that type of seat. Thanks20150415_172445.jpg I pulled out the wood deck someone installed in this boat and left it out.. It's a great boat.

Mine has a floor and it is open. The seats are on the sides which leaves the center open. No steering its a tiller model

Does anyone have experience with the floor supports on these older trackers? I really dont feel like bringing up the floor to check them.

Latest posts