1995 suzuki outboard jet...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Larry...What is nagging at me is if the liner is bad and the imnpeller is bad would that cause me to not be able to reach my targeted 5200 rpm's...I am only getting 4000...Can a bad liner and bad impeller hold my motor back...I always thought it was the opposite (it would rev higher)....Thank you

The exhaust should have a U bolt that goes from the inside of the exhaust tube through the pump and held in place by t nuts on the outside of the pump I have seen people tap the holes and use 2 bolts and some Loctite to hold the exhaust tube in place. From what I read on outboard jets the 50hp model used the 6 5-/8 and the 65hp used the 6 7/8 impeller.
If your liners not bolted down in your shoe there is a chance it's getting pulled up enough to be rubbing the impeller. Probably not put it could happen.

c1gator said:
Thank you Larry...What is nagging at me is if the liner is bad and the imnpeller is bad would that cause me to not be able to reach my targeted 5200 rpm's...I am only getting 4000...Can a bad liner and bad impeller hold my motor back...I always thought it was the opposite (it would rev higher)....Thank you

Under normal conditions, a worn liner and impeller would let the motor over rev. More than likely, there is something else keeping the motor from revving to 5200. Could be several things, from a dead plug or power pack to carb problems. I would suggest that you make sure that the carb throttle plates are opening fully when the throttle control is at WOT. Also make sure that all the plugs are firing.

Another thing to check along with the carbs opening up would be the timing to see if it's advancing with the throttle. I've seen motors with stiff timing linkages that wouldn't advance fully and the motor wouldn't run right on top end.

Thank you all for your input...I found a mechanic and I will reprt back my findings, hopefully it is not to terrible.....

Well first off I want to thank everyone for trying to help me get this thing running....It basically turned out to be some shotty wiring....Now that it is running properly it performs EXACTLY AS MPHELLE said it would...Jumps on plane quick, and I got it up to 30 mph in deep water with some wind....It turns 5300 just like he said also....I took it out yesterday to test it and figured I would carry some fishing poles just in case it ran good...I managed to limit out on redfish (twice) and I brought home a few trout to boot...Will try and post up some photos later...Just for old time sakes I managed to get stuck for an hour also...Wouldn't be fishing if I did not get stuck.....Thank you all once again for your help....

Good to hear you have it running as it should, and it sounds like you found a real mechanic. If you haven't already, make sure to properly install and retain the exhaust tube with the u-bolt as was mentioned earlier by blue rude.

I forgot about that, thank you...I am trying to picture how a regular u-bolt will work, I will look at it closer when I get home.....

Items 16 and 17, sort of a squared off u.

https://outboardjets.com/download/large_series/large_series_jet_drives_models/MODEL%20T50,65.pdf

That makes it a little more clear sir, thanks...For some reason mine had JB weld on the side of the pump, so I am guessing I just need to grind that out and drill two small holes in the exhaust pipe and bolt it on....

You could but then the two holes that are already drilled in the tube could be donating pump pressure to the exhaust. It would be best to remove the tube, drill out the holes in the pump, then reinstall the tube while inserting a pick to align the holes. Best to use the part from OBJ but stainless bolts will work, just harder to reach up in the tube.

Here is a picture of the reds and trout I caught Sunday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 222
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 222

Latest posts