2001 Lowe Roughneck 1652 VT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunz, the standard Mercury side mount shifter can be used on the side of a console. You remove a single bolt that holds the arm on, move arm to other side, and re-install arm. Done.

Here's a picture of the throttle I am talking about.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 592
Ebug said:
Gunz, the standard Mercury side mount shifter can be used on the side of a console. You remove a single bolt that holds the arm on, move arm to other side, and re-install arm. Done.

^^Exactly. :beer: If you want all your cables exposed.

26434_L1.jpg

Cables run inside the console with this one. Less to get hung up on, cleaner looking IMHO

" Exactly. :beer: If you want all your cables exposed. "

You are correct. But that is not so bad, especially if you already own it.

I looked at the one you pictured when I did my conversion but I could not find one local to make sure it would work when mounted on the right side of the console. I had convinced myself the mechanism inside only worked with the handle moving in one direction. So long story short I used what I had.

If buying new anyway I would definitely look at the cleaner version you mentioned.

Here is what I ended up with. Liveable.

Attachments

• 2016-04-01 14.23.15.jpg
    2016-04-01 14.23.15.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 561
I ended up moving the console forward 2 feet to keep the weight further forward and added a windshield and grabrail. The console is pretty narrow but it makes it easier to walk around it so it works well. I have the Mercury side mount control on the side of the console and it works fine. If I had a new console, I might try to offset the steering wheel so I could fit a top mount control instead of the side mount. I got my side mount control off Ebay with cables but I needed to get longer cables and wiring when I moved the console forward.

Attachments

• Lowe_1652_4.jpg
    Lowe_1652_4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 547
  • Lowe_1652_3.jpg
    Lowe_1652_3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 547
riverrat717 said:
Ebug said:

^^Exactly. :beer: If you want all your cables exposed.

26434_L1.jpg

Cables run inside the console with this one. Less to get hung up on, cleaner looking IMHO

I am new to this so bear with me. But it looks like that is set up for a side mount. if I put that on my console the trim switch would be facing away from the console. Thats the exact reason I was looking at going the other way.

Got it all worked out. Have controls and cables headed my way. Its a Teleflex unit. No exposed cables.

Like this one.
https://www.go2marine.com/item/87517/sl-3-single-side-mount-controls-309473.html

Latest posts